Noob here with some questions.
Allow me to introduce myself. I used to have a Minecraft server back in the bukkit days and have been debating weather or not to get back into it. I finally decided to take the plung and start working on one. I have not a lot of experiance. my previous server wasnt too advanced. basic rank plugin and mcmmo, stuff like that. Towards the end of its lifespan I started geting into adding a SQL server for some more indepth stuff but my experience there is minimal. Now that you know abit about where im coming from here are a few of my questions.

1. is there a better forum to post questions in? I couildnt find a "help" section
2. just got MCServer a day ago and any plugin I put in wont load unless I do so manually, is there not a way to have them load on startup?
3. the only permission like file i can find is Ranks.sqlite are there no plugins for this (a quick search brought up no results). do i need to learn how to use sqlite?
4. am i completly blind and there are guides to all this stuff that I cant find?

thanks for your time and thanks in advance. links to any good beginner infor would be much apreciated... im just having som troubles getting the ball rolling post-bukkitConfused
Thanks given by:
Hey,

Here is a link to a FAQ that covers your questions
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1596

Just to add for enabling Plugins, you have a file named settings.ini and there is a section named [Plugins], there you add Plugin=<plugin folder name>

For the permissions look into the FAQ link.

If you have still questions, ask

Good luck,
Seadragon91
Thanks given by:
I did use the settings.ini and it still only loaded the 3 default plugins :S

EDIT: figured out my error (damn semi colons)
also thanks for the link it helped lotsBig Grin i should have found a FAQ so thats my bad.

can I / how do I edit what ranks have what permissions?
Thanks given by:
Could you show the content of the settings.ini?
Thanks given by:
To edit ranks, there should be a webadmin.ini file in the root folder of the MCServer executable. Open that and add the following lines:

[User:*Insert and webpage login here*]
Password=*Insert any webpage password here*

Save and restart the server.

Connect to the server using a web browser and access the WebAdmin using the server's IP and :8080 attached to the end.
From there, there should be a "Permissions" tab on the left sidebar. Use that to edit permission groups and ranks.

To assign ranks, use "rank *Player Name* *Desired Rank*" in the server console or "/rank *Player Name* *Desired Rank*" in game when you're admin.

EDIT: Just noticed Seadragon91's post above, now this post seems a bit redundant and doesn't really have a purpose. :/
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 02:38 PM)DiamondToaster Wrote: EDIT: Just noticed Seadragon91's post above, now this post seems a bit redundant and doesn't really have a purpose. :/

No that was really helpful actually. I was trying to do everything without the web admin now I know that I do need to use it. ThanksBig Grin

and here is my settings.ini

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Glad my advice ended up helping! Smile
Thanks given by: