Microsoft Visual C++ Compilation Error
Hey everybody.
I've discovered this C++ Minecraft Server and I wanted to have fun with it by modifying the sources. I downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express, started a new project, and imported all the files from the SVN.
The matter is that once I compile it, I get a lot of errors like "Cannot open include file: 'json/json.h': No such file or directory" (probably 20 time and more) or like "Cannot open include file: 'Globals.h': No such file or directory".
Actually only a "../" is missing and also the json folder is called "jsoncpp-src-0.5.0" but I guess there's a way to tell the software to look in others folders.
It's why I'm posting here, any help ?

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
If you open "trunk\VC2008\MCServer.sln" then it should work. Even with VC2010.
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't start a new project, use the solution and projects that are already on the repository.
Thanks given by:
Ah okay ! Thank you really much. I do have some conversion errors I will look what I can do.
By the way if you still use the 2008 version maybe the 2010 one suck ?
Thanks given by:
2010 is fine, but IMO it runs somewhat slower than 2008
Thanks given by:
Okay, thank you. I'll try it later Wink
Thanks given by:
I personally use the MSVC 2008 Express IDE because it's lightning fast. The MSVC 2010 is terribly slow, but it produces slightly (marginally slightly) better code. For me, the 0.5 % increase in code performance is not worth the slowness of the IDE.

MSVC 2012 doesn't run under WinXP and cannot produce code that runs under WinXP, so it's out of question.
Thanks given by:
well, there are ways to compile code in visual studio 2012 that can run on XP. However, I remember that we had a problem in visual studio 2012 where our leakfinder was running out of memory.
Thanks given by:
Ok thank you for informations.
A last question : I work under windows, but my server is running under linux.
Is there a way to compile the sources to make a file which is compatible with linux and not a .exe file ?
Thanks given by:
Not easily. By far the easiest solution is to use a remote shell (putty / ssh) to connect to the linux server and follow the "compiling on linux" part of the wiki:
http://www.mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=compiling_gcc
Thanks given by: