[Suggestion] World Generator
(05-30-2013, 12:03 AM)xoft Wrote: We cannot copy or translate the code, because Mojang has copyright to it. And correct me if I'm wrong, Bukkit is just a bug huge mod and uses the original Mojang code underneath. So it's the same situation - copyright, copyright, copyright.
Yeah, that's true, but maybe you can copy/translate some code from other open-source servers like Mineserver, PartyCraft, Craft.net, Bravo and C#raft. If you do it you would add some features that aren't in MCServer.
See this: Minecraft Custom Servers
Thanks given by:
They all have copyrights. Also all those servers are written differently, + I think MCServer has the best terrain generation of all custom servers Wink
Thanks given by:
Last time I checked, MineServer had a really boring terrain generator, nothing worth copying. Can you look at the others and say exactly what appeals to you, what we should implement?

The same goes for Erall - can you make it more specific, why is the terrain boring? What are you missing? What's wrong with it?

They do have copyrights, but their opensource license may permit adapting the code. It's not like those servers are sold Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2013, 12:25 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: They all have copyrights. Also all those servers are written differently, + I think MCServer has the best terrain generation of all custom servers Wink
I also thing this, but, Bravo, for example, has minecarts and redstone, and I think PartyCraft is like the Vanilla server, the only bad is that it doesn't have a Plugin API and there isn't any plugin.

(05-30-2013, 12:25 AM)xoft Wrote: Can you look at the others and say exactly what appeals to you, what we should implement?
I'm not talking about the generator, I'm talking about MCServer mising features.
Thanks given by:
PartyCraft does have a Plugin API. it is only recently implented. MCServer also has minecarts and redstone but they are not working correctly Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2013, 12:29 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: PartyCraft does have a Plugin API. it is only recently implented. MCServer also has minecarts and redstone but they are not working correctly Wink
Now I saw it, and there is a Plugin API, but there isn't any plugin like WorldEdit or Login. Plugins are the reason for I use MCServer instead of other custom non-java servers, so I thing it would be amazing have PartyCraft/Bravo features in MCServer.
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately, not only the language is different, tha overall architecture is as well, so most code can't be simply copied.
Thanks given by:
Well, i think best way is to make "import" module
Thanks given by:
Wut...?
Thanks given by:
(08-26-2013, 01:46 AM)bearbin Wrote: Wut...?
I mean... I want to take worlddata from client (singleplayer), and import to server
Thanks given by: