Mobs non interactive
Hi all,

I've compiled MCServer from source code on my Raspberry Pi and it seems to be working very well. SO MUCH better performance over the Java version! Thank you for all the hard work putting this project together. It's so far been a ton of fun setting it up and running it.

I'm having a problem with the mobs on my server. I've searched high and low and can't seem to find an answer to my question, so posing it here. Mobs - passive and aggressive - are spawning normally on my server, but they're completely inert. They don't move, don't respond to players, and can't be damaged or interacted with in any way. They do fall if I remove blocks from underneath them, and the chicken runs though its falling/flying animation. Octopuses are running their swimming animation, but are otherwise not moving.

Also, I can't drown, and neither can mobs.

I've seen that Mob AI is in work, but this seems to be a bigger problem than that. Any ideas?

Edit: I should mention that player vs player damage appears normal.

Thanks!
Matt
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.

The issue has been already reported in the bug tracker ( http://www.mc-server.org/support/index.p...ask_id=381 ), so we know about it; I'll have a look at it later today, perhaps.
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2013, 02:43 AM)xoft Wrote: Hello, welcome to the forum.

The issue has been already reported in the bug tracker ( http://www.mc-server.org/support/index.p...ask_id=381 ), so we know about it; I'll have a look at it later today, perhaps.

Oh thank you! I'm sorry for not finding it ahead of time in the bug tracker. I'll keep an eye on it. Should I somehow add my details to that bug to help track it down?
Thanks given by:
If you think you have something that could be helpful, then by all means. However, I don't think it's caused by any OS or hardware configuration, so unless you have something else, it's not worth adding just a "me too" (there's a "Watch task" link for that Wink )
Thanks given by:
I know that mobs are not working properly, but i can damage them. Are you sure it doesn't work? What happens when you have a zombie while its day? Maybe a relog/restart works?
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2013, 04:27 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: I know that mobs are not working properly, but i can damage them. Are you sure it doesn't work? What happens when you have a zombie while its day? Maybe a relog/restart works?

I wasn't able to hit anything and do damage. I couldn't push them either -- just moved perfectly through them. I found a pig on some ice and broke the ice underneath so he'd sink. I watched him for some time and he never drowned. Didn't test a zombie or skeleton during daytime, I'll give that a go and see!

I relog/restarted multiple times for sure, no change in behavior.
Thanks given by:
Hello everyone,
I've tried the server on the Raspberry Pi where it runs like a charm, I've encountered the same problem with mobs tho.

Here is a screencap: http://puu.sh/3lOwB.jpg

Any news regarding the bug fix?
Thanks given by:
Please fix it, the game is very boring without mobs, I know the mob AI is bad, but at least you can get wool and other things like that.
Thanks given by:
tonibm19 Wrote:Please fix it, the game is very boring without mobs, I know the mob AI is bad, but at least you can get wool and other things like that.
Its easier said then done ;(
Thanks given by:
(06-25-2013, 05:00 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote:
tonibm19 Wrote:Please fix it, the game is very boring without mobs, I know the mob AI is bad, but at least you can get wool and other things like that.
Its easier said then done ;(
I know, but the strange thing is that in older revs mobs were working. Maybe keyboard did something with mobs and now they don't work. in rev 12XX mobs were working as I remember
Thanks given by: