Great Idea
I would like to see a completely multiplayer world with shopping buildings with interactive menus. Mounts to increase movement speed and possibly flying. The game Ultima Online comes to mind. I would like to see someone take Minecraft and make a functional UO / Zelda type world fully functional not to where players can break the world itself but have designated areas they can work in. Greater gear / skill score system / more skills such as thieving / spell casting system
Thanks given by:
You're mixing up MCServer with MineCraft mods. MCServer can do only what the vanilla can.
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2013, 07:04 AM)xoft Wrote: You're mixing up MCServer with MineCraft mods. MCServer can do only what the vanilla can.

You're wrong. MCServer can do a bit more. It's possible to make spell systems(even magicka's spell sys...), & it CAN do interactive menus.The only problem is that it's currently WIP. After the FULL vanilla physics implemented, the next step'll be to add full control to plugins(add AI's, better scoreboards etc.). Then MCServer can do anything that the Bukkit can.
Thanks given by:
What Xoft means is that we can't add new textures, animations and more. Because of this you're limited to what vanilla has.
Thanks given by:
I think we can add new textures, sounds, mob&block modells using resourcepacks.
Thanks given by:
No, you can only change existing ones. And of course the player has to download the pack first.
Thanks given by:
How can we add/create modes such as HiTech, Rotors, IndustrialCraft, Forestry etc. ?
Thanks given by:
Currently you can't. We first need a system to allow Lua to create custom blockhandlers and entities.
Thanks given by:
In my opinion, this is a very important task. Perhaps even priority.
Thanks given by:
Yes, it's definitely on our todo list, but it's hard. I believe @SamJBarney was working on a Lua blockhandler, but there was a problem like threading or something else. Entities might be even harder to implement.
Perhaps @xoft can shed some light?
Thanks given by: