Move to GitHub
You can still use TortoiseSVN to commit changes to the source. Also you can just checkout the source. The only problem I have is that loading the github website takes longer than the google code website on slow(mobile) devices.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, you can use github as a SVN repo, but everyone else can use git Smile

The old MCServer projects are just people who have just checked it into github for some reason. Adding you to the repo.

Ok, I think everybody thinks it is good, and everybody should now agree that the new master is on github? Ok?
Thanks given by:
@FakeTruth: Glad to see I'm not the only one who's NOT enthusiastic about Git Smile

@all: Now we're in trouble, we have a GitHub repo and the old Svn repo and people are committing to the old Svn one. Now what? Can that still be migrated to GitHub, if we decide to move? (we haven't decided yet, have we?)

Also, can anyone write up a short guide on how to work with the GitHub repo, as a dev? Should I fork it and play on my own fork, or should I work on the upstream directly? And how will GitHub know that madmaxoft@gmail.com's svn commits are mine?
Thanks given by:
I believe github has a feature where you can set an alias for your account to solve the problem of it not knowing who you are.

The SVN changes can be ported across still, although not the other way around.

I'll get started on a guide for working with git. I think the best way for the workflow to work for us is for everyone to commit to the master repo, but NOT to teh master branch, instead to their branch or a feature branch, then submit a PR back to master and merge it in.
Thanks given by:
I guess the move is official now, we're on GitHub now, so it's time to update all the links to the source and the bugtracker - in the wiki, in the forum redirect sections...

Is there any way to make the googlecode repo and FlySpray read-only?
Thanks given by:
I cannot make the googlecode repository read-online, but I can remove all members to make sure nobody can make a change.
I will then also update the main page with a notice and a link to the GitHub repository
Thanks given by:
I'm going to start work on transferring the wiki over, if it turns out good we'll have to see about that too.

It may not turn out to be as good, but we'll have to see.
Thanks given by:
I think we can better keep the wiki that we have now.
Thanks given by:
Agree, keep the current wiki
Thanks given by:
So, generally this sums up as "bearbin wanted to contribute, so he made us move to github" Smile
Thanks given by: