MCServer git workflow
That sounds like allot more work then with google code. There it was just svn commit and press ok. Now it is:
  1. Create branch
  2. Commit stuff
  3. Do a pull request
  4. Accept pull request?
  5. Delete branch
Maybe we can do it like this.
For big changes like for example a complete new world generator create a new branch but for small changes we can just commit it to the master.
Thanks given by:
Ok then. Just comitting straight to the master is still bad, but you could do it if, and only if that one commit is a hotfix/only a few lines of code changed.
Thanks given by:
To be honest I seriously start disliking the switch from google code to github. Github takes much longer to load, and in my opinion it is not organized. Also we suddenly have to create a branch for changes that are bigger then a few lines. I liked it more when we used google code. ;(
Thanks given by:
You can still do it just how you used to, just it's not the way you're _supposed_ to do it.

IDK what your problem with GitHub is, for me on a 1mbps connection it loads reasonably fast. Are you on a tablet or something?
Thanks given by:
No i'm on my desktop. but still it loads realy slow sometimes.
Thanks given by:
Strange.
Thanks given by:
Rather than attaching as a text file, you should write the guide into the post, so that it can be read easily. The forum forces me to download the text file before viewing Sad

STR, your "megacommit" might have been caused by linebreak misconfiguration (CRLF vs LF).
Thanks given by:
So does this mean we have to do everything by command line? :/
Thanks given by:
You can use SVN on github, and there's also TortoiseGIT to replace TortoiseSVN, which i assume is gui(?)
Thanks given by:
I'm using Git Gui, which is part of the msysgit (windows git client), start it simply by typing "git gui" in the console. It can do the basic stuff. For merging, I do have TortoiseGit installed, but don't use it otherwise, it has munched up my repo several times, I don't consider it stable enough yet.

Still, you will need to do at least some work in cmdlineTongue
Thanks given by: