MCServer git workflow
Here is a simple workflow for git, version one.

For simple development, this is all you need to know.

Attached Files
.txt   temp.txt (Size: 1.7 KB / Downloads: 267)
Thanks given by:
But can I still use TortoiseSVN to commit changes? I use it for all my plugins that I upload to github.
Thanks given by:
Yeah of course, just do the branching and PRs on github.

There's also TortoiseGit if you want it.
Thanks given by:
I just noticed that github turns small changes into big changes. Wink https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/co...7173af5a19
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2013, 11:08 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: I just noticed that github turns small changes into big changes. Wink https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/co...7173af5a19

Does this fix bug number one in FS #423? (Food not reset upon respawn?)
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the problem with that is probably something to do with using SVN and gitTongue

Also, you didn't follow the workflow and work in your own branch!
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2013, 11:25 PM)tigerw Wrote: Does this fix bug number one in FS #423? (Food not reset upon respawn?)
Yes it does.

bearbin Wrote:Also, you didn't follow the workflow and work in your own branch!
But if everyone creates a branch for their own everyone gets an outdated source right?
Thanks given by:
No, not at all!

Basically you take a branch off the current master, do your changes then put a pull request back. The master gets updated with your changes, you leave the branch to rot and start a new one.

Therefore, for everyone to get updated source they just pull the master, and nobody interferes with each other.
Thanks given by:
So after a while we have 1 million branches? I was thinking use the pull request instead of the patch files somebody has to create to contribute.
Thanks given by:
Use the pull request for every new feature.

We can delete the branches once the feature is complete, but in Git branches are very lightweight so you just make a new one when you want a feature, unlike SVN.
Thanks given by: