Get rid of config files from git repo?
I'm thinking about getting rid of some of the configuration files from the git repository. Namely:
Code:
/MCServer/settings.ini
/MCServer/terrain.ini
/MCServer/webadmin.ini
The terrain.ini file is no longer used at all; the other two are usually locally-modified by each dev to their liking, and MCServer has the code, I believe, that takes *.example.ini instead of the *.ini if the *.ini doesn't exist, so I'd rename settings.ini and webadmin.ini to settings.example.ini and webadmin.example.ini. This would save us from gitstashing each time we wanted to merge a branch.

Any objections?
Thanks given by:
Sounds good.
Thanks given by:
I agree
Thanks given by:
Not sure about the used ones.
Maybe it worth a renaming as "settings.ini.sample" ?

I wonder what will happen to the guy that is, for the first time, pulling the whole thing and not able to make it work.
Will he even try to help, seing that he need work just to run the thing ?

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
the settings.ini etc are renamed to settings.example.ini, so that new people still have something where they can look for an example.
Thanks given by:
Not only are they renamed, but also they *should* (didn't check) get redirected - when MCServer cannot read settings.ini, it will try to read settings.example.ini and copy it to settings.ini. So it should work with whatever defaults we put in that file. And even if not, the defaults are hard-coded so that the server runs with basic config even without those files altogether.
Thanks given by: