Documentation drive
There's probably a library for it.
Thanks given by:
The wiki descriptions have been imported. Now for the fun part - markdown, filtering, and some corner cases, such as overloaded functions.
Thanks given by:
I think the basics are working, at least for the class / function reference. So I hereby invite anyone to have a look and try updating the $/MCServer/Plugins/APIDump/APIDesc.lua file. It has a pretty straightforward structure and is documented, too, so it should be easy to document things. There are already lots of examples, since the documentation from the wiki has been auto-imported (with flaws, of course, these will need ironing out, too).

Also note that the plugin generates two files, $/MCServer/API/undocumented.lua and $/MCServer/API/unexported-documented.txt that list stuff that is missing documentation, in a ready-to-copypaste format, and stuff that is documented but is not exported in the API (needs removal from APIDesc).

If you want to document something, I suggest you first drop a line here, saying which class you want to do, so that we don't have conflicts if multiple people try to do the same class. Also keep the lists alpha-sorted, so that it's easier to navigate them all.

I have set up an automatic script to upload the Lua API to http://mc-server.xoft.cz/LuaAPI as a part of the nightbuild process.
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna write the cWorld documentation, it's probably the most used and the least documented.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, as soon as I started writing the docs, I found out so many bugs in the API, I have to first fix the API itself and only then write the docsTongue
Thanks given by:
cWorld documentation done, what do you think of it?
http://mc-server.xoft.cz/LuaAPI/cWorld.html

Will anyone help me with the documentation now?
Thanks given by:
I'll try cRoot tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
I finished documenting cRoot.
Thanks given by:
Well, almost. Mostly only the positive cases are explained, nothing is said about failures - what does GetWorld() return if the name is not found? Also, callbacks need their signatures explained - what should the callback function look like, what arguments it receives, what can it return?
I see I can improve my cWorld documentation by this, too. Shall we both improve ours? Smile

Also, Lua doesn't distinguish between an int, a float or a double, it knows only a "number" type. (GetTotalChunkCount() etc.)
Thanks given by:
cWorld looks great, if the wiki isn't already pointed there, it should be.

How do you generate the HTML out of the code, so I could try and make one like you have?
Thanks given by: