Documentation drive
Looks really nice.
Thanks given by:
I believe the APIDump documentation now has more information than the wiki. The hooks are definitely more documented in APIDump; the individual classes may have some additional info missing. I've checked alphabetically from cArrowEntity to cInventory and added all the additional infos; as soon as I reach the last class, I suppose it'll be time to get rid of the wiki for good and use the APIDump-ed reference instead.
Thanks given by:
Yep. Although the wiki is probably good for information like making a plugin and stuff like that so we shouldn't get rid of it entirely.
Thanks given by:
There's not much info on actually making a plugin; and even that can be moved to APIDump's extra pages section, where the webserver threading article is now.
Thanks given by:
Gentlemen, the documentation has stalled again. How about each of us makes a deal with self - for each change (commit / PR) that we do, we add a piece of documentation (function / class), too.
Also, did I mention this is a great opportunity to rack up those per-commit bitcoins?Big Grin
Thanks given by:
xoft Wrote:for each change (commit / PR) that we do, we add a piece of documentation (function / class), too.
I think it's a pretty good idea to do that.
Thanks given by:
I just wrote the LuaExpat (lxp) documentation, man, that was a PITA. Had to figure out why the lxp.new() method was not showing at all, in the end I realised that it was ignored by one of the rules, so I had to change how ignored functions are evaluated.
Thanks given by:
I figured out a way to split the APIDesc.lua file into separate smaller files, now I'm working on actually splitting the descriptions into reasonably small pieces.

There, pushed.

I decided to split each hook into a separate file; the expectation is that there will be a code example or two for each hook, thus creating quite a large file for each of the hooks.

The classes are typically smaller, so I think grouping them is reasonable. As an example, I split the cBlockEntity descendants into a separate file, "BlockEntities". More group candidates are "ProjectileEntities", "Mobs" (when all the mob classes are exported, #367), and "ExternalLibraries".
Thanks given by:
As you may have noticed, I have created a few issues regarding the APIDump plugin. Namely, we want more articles in it - how to start writing a plugin and how to debug with Decoda; perhaps you can think of more. I'd like some volunteers for these, since I'm not so good at writing tutorials.
Thanks given by:
I'm doing the how to write a plugin Smile
Thanks given by: