Make the site and forum SSL
Oh, I assumed you had a VPS or something. I don't know if it's posible with them.
Thanks given by:
As you have directadmin for control panel, it should be possible.
Google DirectAdmin enable ssl > http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=15
If thats not enough just go down the list of results @ google Smile.
Thanks given by:
I don't even know how to get past the SSL sign up thing. I need to enter a shitload of information, about 3 different passwords and ... stuff.
Eventually I got to a page where I needed to enter some kind of name, and the help said I needed to enter the domain name but I couldn't get it to accept anything.

First page:
I need to enter the Organisation name. It needs to be full, legal and registered. AFAIK MCServer is not legally registered anywhere :/

Second page:
I need to enter the address of the organisation (lol). So I guess I enter my own address.
They ask if I "trade" from the given address. Not sure if we do trading? Maybe allowing people to download MCServer is considered trading? I'm not really doing that from my home address haha
Then I need to create a GCC (GlobalSign Certificate Center) Account

Third page: (this is where I get stuck)
I need a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and it requires a "Common Name", a Country and a password.
For the life of me I cannot figure out what to enter for Common Name. It keeps giving me the error "The Common Name you have entered does not match the Base Option."
This is the description of Common Name:
Code:
The Common Name (CN) is the name of the server or host that you wish to secure. For most cases this will be your fully qualified domain name e.g. www.globalsign.com. When you buy www.yourdomain.com, we give you yourdomain.com as a free Subject Alternative Name (SAN).

I guess I should contact that Janine person then
Thanks given by:
Put the common name as http://www.mc-server.org.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that doesn't work bro
Thanks given by:
Oh, IDK. Try contacting the support people.
Thanks given by:
He mentioned that he'd have to contact them:
FakeTruth Wrote:I guess I should contact that Janine person then
Thanks given by:
The CN should be the domain name of the server, so "mc-server.org".
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's what I thought, but it doesn't work
Thanks given by:
Pff.. finally managed to order this thing.. Apparently the CN had to be *.mc-server.org
Now I need to wait until I receive the certificate I think, and then figure out how to actually use it.
Thanks given by: