Unable to load all files on server start
I can get the server working but can't craft at all when in survival mode and a few other things dealing with monsters than I can list if needed. Anyone know the issue or a fix?Huh

I'm on Windows7 64bit using visual c++ express 2008

http://imgur.com/IPyQjDY

[1f8c|09:06:19] -- Loading Groups --
[1f8c|09:06:19] groups.ini inaccessible, no groups are defined
[1f8c|09:06:19] Loading crafting recipes from crafting.txt...
[1f8c|09:06:19] Cannot open file "crafting.txt", no crafting recipes will be available!
[1f8c|09:06:19] Loading furnace recipes...
[1f8c|09:06:19] Could not open the furnace recipes file "furnace.txt"
[1f8c|09:06:19] Loading worlds...
[1f8c|09:06:19] cWorld::cWorld("world")
[1f8c|09:06:19] Loading plugin manager...
[1f8c|09:06:19] -- Loading Plugins --
[1f8c|09:06:19] -- No Plugins Loaded --
[1f8c|09:06:19] Loading MonsterConfig...
[1f8c|09:06:19] cMonsterConfig::Initialize: Cannot read monsters.ini file, monster attributes not available
Thanks given by:
The issue is likely that you've just copied the executable somewhere else, not the whole MCServer folder. Also, please use GitHub for issue reports.
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2013, 11:29 PM)bearbin Wrote: The issue is likely that you've just copied the executable somewhere else, not the whole MCServer folder. Also, please use GitHub for issue reports.

I didn't move the executable at all. I just opened the project in visual, compiled then ran it.

Do you have a link on how to use github for issue reports? Sorry, I'm fairly new to git/open source projects.
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2013, 11:34 PM)bluejellybean Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 11:29 PM)bearbin Wrote: The issue is likely that you've just copied the executable somewhere else, not the whole MCServer folder. Also, please use GitHub for issue reports.

I didn't move the executable at all. I just opened the project in visual, compiled then ran it.

Do you have a link on how to use github for issue reports? Sorry, I'm fairly new to git/open source projects.

You click the issues link on the right side of the project page (https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/issues?state=open) and then the green submit issue button.
Thanks given by:
Please could you check that the folder your MCServer executable is in contains the files mentioned? For example, furnace.txt, crafting.txt, monsters.ini, etc. Note that both *.ini and *.example.ini files will work.
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2013, 03:28 AM)tigerw Wrote: Please could you check that the folder your MCServer executable is in contains the files mentioned? For example, furnace.txt, crafting.txt, monsters.ini, etc. Note that both *.ini and *.example.ini files will work.

All the files appear to be in the folder.

(10-21-2013, 12:20 AM)bearbin Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 11:34 PM)bluejellybean Wrote:

You click the issues link on the right side of the project page (https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/issues?state=open) and then the green submit issue button.

Ahh thanks, I completely missed that page.
Thanks given by:
Would you mind zipping up your folder and sending it over. It would help with debugging a lot.
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2013, 06:28 AM)bearbin Wrote: Would you mind zipping up your folder and sending it over. It would help with debugging a lot.

Yeah sure, do you need just the MCServer file inside of MCServer or the whole thing?
Thanks given by:
Actually I think it's MSVC's fault here.

MSVC stores the debugging settings in a per-user file that is not saved into Git. One of those settings is "working folder", which is the folder that MCServer assumes is its home folder, where it looks for all the ini files, world folders, plugin an player folders etc. You need to set that folder to "..\MCServer":
[Image: project-settings.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2013, 07:24 AM)xoft Wrote: Actually I think it's MSVC's fault here.

MSVC stores the debugging settings in a per-user file that is not saved into Git. One of those settings is "working folder", which is the folder that MCServer assumes is its home folder, where it looks for all the ini files, world folders, plugin an player folders etc. You need to set that folder to "..\MCServer":
[Image: project-settings.png]

I'm a tad lost on where exactly to change that. I've tried a few different places and all that happens is I get a world with ocean.
Thanks given by: