Jobs
Jobs
A jobs plugin for MCServer that let's you to gain money doing things like killing mobs, cutting trees and growing crops. REQUIRES COINY

Avaliable jobs
farmer: if you like to grow plants and to make a big farm, this is your job.
miner: if you are one of those who like to explore giant caves and risk your life for a diamond, be a miner.
hunter: you always have a sword in hand, and you kill any monster you see. You are a hunter.
treecutter: a very simple job. Do you like to cut down trees? Then ready your axe and gain money.
fisher: you just need a fishing rod and start fishing

Commands
/jobs jobs.jobs
/jobs join [jobname] to join a job
/jobs browse to see avaliable jobs
/jobs leave to leave your current job
/jobs info shows your current job

TODO
Moar jobs
- Reforestator
- Any ideas?
Maybe use a different storage system (What would you recommend?)
If you have any great idea for the plugin just tell me.

Github
Download
Thanks given by:
Hey,

Really like this plugin
But a typo
elseif (job == "trecutter") then @ line 104 - hooks.lua
And for farmer should it not do sugar cane ? Low price place takes as much as 1 takes.

Also perhaps implant levels,
Each level gives a certain advantage,
Like +1 of obtained item, or a chance at a higher payout.

And perhaps if you are a miner, but are farming, you are able to randomly get a cash award ?
Thanks given by:
Thanks for you ideas, I think I'll implement levels soon.
As for the sugar canes, I will implement them but I remember a bug in bukkit Jobs where you could get unlimited money placing and breaking them, and I'm thinking of the best way to avoid this. I think I'll handle like pumpkins. Another problem with sugarcanes is that they can be from 1 to 3 blocks tall and OnBlockToPickup hook probably returns no digger for above blocks.
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah, if that is the case with sugar cane, it would indeed cause a problem.
Well even if levels and sugar cane are not added, it still looks like a nice plugin Smile.
Thanks given by:
Maybe you have to deliver the blocks somewhere to get payed.
Thanks given by:
Levels will be added, sure, and sugarcanes probably too.
But maybe before that I should rewrite storage because cIniFile maybe can be slow with a lot of players. Do you think having a folder with an archive (playername.jobs) with job and jobxp inside will be faster than an inifile?
Thanks given by:
v1
Changelog:
-Sugar canes!
-Most efficient use of cIniFile
-/jobs info
Thanks given by:
(12-31-2013, 07:36 PM)tonibm19 Wrote: Levels will be added, sure, and sugarcanes probably too.
But maybe before that I should rewrite storage because cIniFile maybe can be slow with a lot of players. Do you think having a folder with an archive (playername.jobs) with job and jobxp inside will be faster than an inifile?

Maybe. SQLite is quite fast though.
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2014, 04:32 AM)bearbin Wrote:
(12-31-2013, 07:36 PM)tonibm19 Wrote: Levels will be added, sure, and sugarcanes probably too.

Maybe. SQLite is quite fast though.
But it's too difficult Undecided
Thanks given by:
Please update itBig Grin I get this:

[20:20:28] cPluginManager:AddHook(): bad parameters. Expected HOOK_TYPE and CallbackFunction, got number, nil, no value. Hook not added.
[20:20:28] Stack trace:
[20:20:28] [C](-1): AddHook
[20:20:28] Plugins/Jobs/main.lua(7): (no name)
[20:20:28] Stack trace end
[20:20:28] cPluginManager:AddHook(): bad parameters. Expected HOOK_TYPE and CallbackFunction, got number, nil, no value. Hook not added.
[20:20:28] Stack trace:
[20:20:28] [C](-1): AddHook
[20:20:28] Plugins/Jobs/main.lua(8): (no name)
[20:20:28] Stack trace end
[20:20:28] Initialized Jobs v.1
Thanks given by: