Score/Status Display + More
Hey guys,

I noticed even when playing vanilla,
Some servers tru plugin add a status/score window to the right side of the screen.
Does MCServer support this if so how do i use it ?
And if not is it easy to add or ?

Also are we able to get what enchants are on the tool used + armor ?
So if i want to i can create a plugin that makes the enchants work ?
Like add extra damage etc ?
Thanks given by:
No idea about score/status window.
About enchantments, there is a cEnchantments class, so you can enchant and get enchantments of an item.
A plugin that adds enchantments would be possible.
Thanks given by:
It might be possible if the status / score is displayed by a mod and that mod uses the standard Plugin Message packets. MCServer can send and receive these, see the cClientHandle:SendPluginMessage() function and OnPluginMessage hook in the API docs: http://mc-server.xoft.cz/LuaAPI/

Enchantments on an item are available to plugins via cItem's m_Enchantments variable: http://mc-server.xoft.cz/LuaAPI/cEnchantments.html
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2014, 12:18 AM)xoft Wrote: It might be possible if the status / score is displayed by a mod ...

No it's a vanilla feature: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Scoreboard
Thanks given by:
Yeah thought it was vanilla,
Also reason why i ask, it would be quite handy for minigames Smile.
And reason i ask if i read a enchant cause you can then create a plugin, that simply reads what enchant a tool has,
And apply the extra damage or allow the extra speed to mine, though if i recall atm there is no check if the speed that somebody is mining at is valid.
But for even that a tool can be written, i might start on some of these soonish, first gota help my lil bro move, as he got his own place yay!

Also thanks for the luaapi link, didn't know the new link so :p.

I noticed the enchants are stored in a string how exactly like 1,6,8 ?

Also are bows currently working ? as in hunger games bows are often used, and a hunger game without enchants is quite well basic Sad.
So thinking of making a plugin that adds at least the basic damage + armor enchants, and see if i can create a plugin that stops cheating like flying.
Thanks given by:
Yes bows are working. They sometimes not hit an entity though(haven't tested with other players.)
Thanks given by:
Well there are hunger games that activate areas like acid rain, or skeletons, but i will leave that out :p.
As well not sure if we support lightning + damage, acid rain etc, and mobs there ai is still stupid if i recall ?

But overall the server is stable right ?
Thanks given by:
lighnings are not supported (I think). Acid rain could be probably done with a plugin. About stability, now I only use it for plugin making, but when I used it as public (in 1.5.2 times) it was stable enought. Then it became more unstable but I think now stability has been improved.
Thanks given by:
There is a cWorld:CastThunderbolt. You have to produce sound and deal damage yourself though.
Thanks given by:
Well thats fine, as long as i can input location, and then i can add damage etc myself. is it exported ?
Thanks given by: