[Raspberry pi]
Hello im new to this forum, yesterday my brother compiled the source code found in github and today he tested it, it was on minecraft 1.4.2 and we had the following questions.
1) Is that the latest minecraft version that mcserver supports or i can update to 1.7.4? if i can update it , can you help me in updating it please.
2) He noticed that mobs are deactivated by default, is there a cfg or a text or something that controls it, so i can modify it and activate it
3) If there is a way to reduce the rendering distance to 3 on the server.

Thanks for helping me out with my doubts! Also , sorry if my english is bad, its not my main language
Thanks given by:
Hi, and welcome,
1, MCServer supports all client versions between 1.2.5 and 1.7.4, you can use any client you want without any modifications to the server. Even players with different versions can be on the same server together.
2, Each world, in its folder, has a world.ini configuration file, there's an [Monsters] section there and AnimalsOn value in it. If it is set to any nonzero value, mobs are enabled. By default the server should have the animals enabled, though.
3, There is a way, but it's not straight yet. The server internally supports limiting view distance for each player, but this limit is only accessible via plugins, it is not read from a config file. You can easily create a plugin that will set each player's viewdistance to any number you'd like, but it requires the actual writing of the plugin. You could try asking in the Plugin Requests section of the forum, someone might write the plugin for you.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Is that the latest minecraft version that mcserver supports or i can update to 1.7.4? if i can update it , can you help me in updating it please.
MCServer allows anyone with a client version between 1.2 and 1.7 to join. So your brother could login with 1.4.2 and you can play with 1.7.4 on the same server.

Quote:He noticed that mobs are deactivated by default, is there a cfg or a text or something that controls it, so i can modify it and activate it
Each world has a world.ini. Go to the worlds folder, open the world.ini and you'l see something like
Code:
[Monsters]
Types=bat, cavespider, chicken, cow, creeper, enderman, horse, mooshroom, ocelot, pig, sheep, silverfish, skeleton, slime, spider, squid, wolf, zombie
AnimalsOn=0
If the AnimalsOn is 0 then mobs are disabled. If you change it to 1 (or any value) they are enabled.

Quote: If there is a way to reduce the rendering distance to 3 on the server.
/viewdistance 3 if you have the "Core" plugin enabled and you have the permission "core.viewdistance"
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2014, 02:22 AM)xoft Wrote: Hi, and welcome,
1, MCServer supports all client versions between 1.2.5 and 1.7.4, you can use any client you want without any modifications to the server. Even players with different versions can be on the same server together.
But what do i need to do to upgrade it to 1.7.4?, sorry for dumb question but i know almost nothing on this Subject,also the content is limited by the mcserver itself or the version the client is playing , i only learn how to do that on jar cause it was "easy" :/, sorry for dumb question
Also, thank you very much for the other responses Xoft!
Thanks given by:
Have you tried logging in with an 1.7.4 client? You shoudn't get any problems.
Thanks given by:
Hello, i did tried to run the server and it worked! but i had some minor set backs
-I used 2 eggs to spawn horses, 1 grey horse started to flicker apearing and dissapearing while the other green horse spawned like normal with no trouble at all
-I try to break a block, and it just keep reapearing ._. its quite annoying, going to see if has something to do with anti griefing plugins
-I noticed that sometimes when i used eggs to spawn things, in Putty the minecraft server would launch the following error "[16:52:32] AddFaceDirection: Unknown face: 255"
Thanks given by:
Do you have the core.build permission? That might be the reason why you can't build.
EDIT:
Also please keep in mind that this server doesn't have all the features that the vanilla server has.
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2014, 03:02 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: Do you have the core.build permission? That might be the reason why you can't build.
EDIT:
Also please keep in mind that this server doesn't have all the features that the vanilla server has.
How do i see that, And yes i keep that in mind, thats why i tested the horses.
Thanks given by:
In the groups.ini add core.build to the [default] permissions.(
Code:
[Default]
Permissions=core.build,core.help,core.spawn,etc
Or just use
Quote:rank Ivo.Hkiller Owner
in console.
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2014, 03:09 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: In the groups.ini add core.build to the [default] permissions.(
Code:
[Default]
Permissions=core.build,core.help,core.spawn,etc
Or just use
Quote:rank Ivo.Hkiller Owner
in console.
Thanks it worked, Going to check the list of what features are not in the Mcserver yet, like the nether :p
Thanks given by: