SegmentationFault - Raspberry Pi
Hi,

I am trying to launch the Pi pre-compiled version of MCServer on my Raspberry Pi 512mo B and I have a SegFault when I launch the MCServer.

Rasberry Pi pre_compiled version

Is it normal? Do I miss something?

Here is the log

Code:
[22:43:09] Loaded 269 crafting recipes
[22:43:09] Loaded 14 furnace recipes and 15 fuels
[22:43:09] -- Loading Plugins --
[22:43:09] -- Loaded 12 Plugins --
[22:43:09] World "world": Unknown mob type: slime
[22:43:09] [Physics] WaterSimulator not present or empty in world/world.ini, using the default of "Floody".
[22:43:09] [Physics] LavaSimulator not present or empty in world/world.ini, using the default of "Floody".
[22:43:09] [Physics] RedstoneSimulator not present or empty in world/world.ini, using the default of "incremental".
[22:43:09] [Generator] BiomeGen value not set in world.ini, using "MultiStepMap".
[22:43:09] [Generator] HeightGen value not set in world.ini, using "Biomal".
[22:43:09]   D:    | MCServer has encountered an error and needs to close
[22:43:09] Details | SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
The precompiled version is known not to work on some RasPis. Can you try compiling it yourself?
Thanks given by:
(02-13-2014, 08:19 AM)xoft Wrote: The precompiled version is known not to work on some RasPis. Can you try compiling it yourself?

Yes I could give it a try. How am I supposed to do that for the raspberry pi? Do I need to follow the Linux method of this the file below? (with cmake)

https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/bl...MPILING.md

Or is there a makefile somewhere in order to launch a make?
Thanks given by:
Follow those Linux instructions, you most likely want the Release mode. In the first step (apt-get), you might need to add "g++" to the list of programs. (EDIT: I added g++ to the page)

Note that it takes between half an hour to a full hour to compile the server on a physical RasPi.
Thanks given by:
(02-13-2014, 03:51 PM)xoft Wrote: Follow those Linux instructions, you most likely want the Release mode. In the first step (apt-get), you might need to add "g++" to the list of programs. (EDIT: I added g++ to the page)

Note that it takes between half an hour to a full hour to compile the server on a physical RasPi.

Thanks, it's working great with the manual compilation!
Thanks given by:
I am also experiencing a segmentation fault on a Model B Raspberry Pi with Raspbpian (MC server hardfloat). However, it occurs immediately when someone logs in. If no one logs in, the server runs fine.

I tried compiling by following the Linux instructions exactly, however that failed at the cmake step at 23%. I will post my exact compilation issue in a new thread.
Thanks given by:
The new issue is unrelated to the earlier one, as the earlier one was caused by Soft-Float compilation (now I added a hard-float build) but I don't know what this one is about. I see that you uploaded an issue to GitHub, so more conversation will probably go on there.
Thanks given by:
If the current failure was caused by 1.6.4 clients, you should get an updated version of MCS, it has been fixed.
Thanks given by:
Hi,
I am having some troubles with the MCServer build for raspberrypi.
I can launch the server with ipv4 and 6 and https certificate.
But when I join the server on the Minecraft client it says :
D: | MCServer has encountered an error and needs to close
Details: | SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault
What do I need to do ?
Thanks given by:
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Generally, there's a guide for reporting crashes on Linux (which is true for RasPi as well):
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=631

Are you using a prebuilt binary, or are you compiling your own? If using pre-built, just give us the build number of the download ("latest" is no good, because that changes at least twice a day), if you're building your own, we'd need you to post the entire executable. Then of course the crashdump file itself. *Or* if you can do the autopsy yourself, as described in the thread, that would be immensely helpful.
Thanks given by: