ZeroBrane studio
@xoft, Glad to see you things are working for you. BTW, there is also syntaxcheckontype.lua plugin that checks for syntax errors as you type (on Enter); it's in the same repository as mcserver plugin.

Somehow I missed the changes you did to the plugin to combine all the files together. It's an interesting approach, although the files should probably be wrapped into "do..end" or "(function() end)()" to avoid the situation when "local foo" in one file impacts "foo = 1" in another file (if you simply combine them one after another one).
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure about how that works exactly in Lua. MCS loads the plugins by basically executing "dofile(FileName)" for each file, alphabetically-sorted. Does that work the same as wrapping the files' contents in "do ... end" or as a simple concatting the files together?
Thanks given by:
I have added the API export to the APIDump plugin. It now creates a file, mcserver.lua, right next to the MCS executable; the file contains the basic API description for ZBS.

I'm not sure now what to do with it now. It's no use committing it to the main ZBS repo, as the API changes too often; also the file is some 220 KiB and everyone with MCS can generate it. However, the generator cannot place the file at the correct place, because there's no way for MCS to know if and where ZBS is installed. Maybe we could integrate it somehow with the ZBS-Plugin doing the MCS integration - it knows where MCS is (relative to the project) so it could process that file and perhaps apply it directly into ZBS after each debugging session. Paul, what do you think, is that reasonable? And is that doable? Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm considering extending the integration plugin, so that it doesn't search for the MCS executable only two folders up, but keeps going upward until it finds the exe or hits the root folder. What do you think of this approach? It will help us in cases when the plugin is using subfolders (such as the APIDump plugin), but it could also run a completely unrelated MCS executable if the user has their workspace disorganized.
Thanks given by:
I would consider that approach acceptable.
Thanks given by:
It took a while, but I finaly tried ZeroBrane studio, and I already love itTongue

I have written no line at all in it, but it's really configurable, and easy Smile I did notice that it doesn't have some features that I'm used to from notepad++, but I'm currently writing plugins to do that Smile
Thanks given by:
What were you developing in until now? I thought I had started such a hype about ZBS that everyone was using it nowadays, can't imagine any other way Smile
Thanks given by:
notepad++, mainly because I was used to it Wink
Thanks given by:
For those who haven't noticed, I've been improving the ZBS / Cuberite integration package. I added a complete-project analysis (available from the Project menu as "Analyze as MCServer"), calling the InfoDump script (Project -> MCServer InfoDump) and most recently I made it possible to run the debugger even from a file in a subfolder within the plugin's folder.

I'm maintaining all this in the fork of the official ZBS packages repo, and I publish PRs against the main repo.
If you don't want to wait for the PR to be merged, you can get the cutting edge package here: https://github.com/madmaxoft/ZeroBranePackage
Thanks given by: