UseFull Plugins Requests
Question:

But no one decompile .jar file bukkit and copy semantics/logic for C++ without problem of visibility istructions?. Im noob on java/c++. i know the minimum (vectors, pointers, keywords basic.. ).

Then?.

(Sorry as always for my ban eng xD).
Thanks given by:
I wish it was that simple, but the overall architecture of MCServer is completely different from the vanilla/bukkit version. Also our plugins are written in Lua not in C++ Wink
Thanks given by:
Sorry for the question xD

Why Lua?.
Thanks given by:
I have no idea why FakeTruth choose Lua, but I'm really glad he did it instead of C++ because it's much simpler.
Thanks given by:
I can only a bit C# programming, including basic OOP.
If I want to learn LUA and write plugins, where should I start?
Thanks given by:
Look at some code from different plugins.
Thanks given by:
And don't forget to look at http://mc-server.xoft.cz/LuaAPI/ also

CombatLog will probably be done tomorrow. I have a working version, but it still needs some work.
Thanks given by:
Lua was chosen because it's super easy to integrate into C++, and it's very fast and easy to write.

The only really bad thing about it is that it doesn't have that many good libraries.
Thanks given by:
Actually Lua has many good libraries, but installing them is not trivial enough for most people. Have a look at LuaRocks, the amount of libraries available there is impressive. And there are more repositories like this, LuaDist being one of them if I remember correctly.

I believe Lua was chosen because it's rather easy to integrate, is fast and is both simple to learn for beginners and powerful enough for advanced stuff. Also it is a somewhat standard scripting language for game engines nowadays.
C++ is not a good language for plugins because it requires compilation, which means every plugin would either be a platform-dependent binary file, or a source distribution which the users would have compile for themselves. Not so great stuff for casual users.
Thanks given by:
oook. I have download a ide for lua and i read a basic tutorial in your site.

I just have to improve. (google traductor)

Edit-----

Where i can donate?
Thanks given by: