Writing a User Manual
No, not a template engine. There is a template class built into python, no external libraries needed.
Thanks given by:
So we're using the python template engine. Looks too minimalistic to me. Doesn't support include which is pretty much a required feature. Using python as much of an additional dependency as anything I mentioned.
Thanks given by:
Python is not an "additional dependency"...
Thanks given by:
Yes it is. We don't use it at the moment and you'd need it to generate the docs so its an additional requirement to generate the docs. None of my dev machines or VMs have it because I tend to use perl for this sort of thing. You can't assume that machines will have python, especially not windows.
Thanks given by:
Have you considered using Atlassian products? It is a paid software but as this is an opensource project you can get a free license (Supports unlimited users & full feature set). Confluence could be good for creating a wiki. https://www.atlassian.com
Thanks given by:
We think we don't want a wiki, is that right?
Thanks given by:
I guess but using HTML, Python etc. to write the pages isn't really flexible, of course you can style the page however you like but when it comes to writing the documentation it's a lot more difficult to fix things on the fly and is also going to restrict anyone else from contributing isn't it? Just thought i'd throw my two cents in.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 07:14 AM)gv1222 Wrote: I guess but using HTML, Python etc. to write the pages isn't really flexible, of course you can style the page however you like but when it comes to writing the documentation it's a lot more difficult to fix things on the fly and is also going to restrict anyone else from contributing isn't it? Just thought i'd throw my two cents in.

It wouldn't be Wiki style, so the only contributors would be people contributing to the repo. Or, am I missing something? I'm not familiar with HTML.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, to contribute you would just fork and make a PR. Very easy, and better than a wiki in some ways (no user accounts, better style).
Thanks given by:
Right. So how do we get the ball rolling on this?
Thanks given by: