AntiMod
Hey all,

I recently tried using mods in MC Server and they are very destructive. If you use an item from a mod, it WILL crash the server. I tried it and the server crashed.

Is there any way to prevent this?
Thanks given by:
How will a normal player become this item? He can't craft it etc. I don't know, if you can get it over gamemode. When the mod is using forge (i don't know if modloader do this also), the client sends a message over the plugin channel to the server. But i think you can't get the mods, who has the client installed. (Maybe forge sends also the mods?)

Can't you block the item id only? I think this is the easiest method.
Thanks given by:
My friend was using forge, and was in creative. He put on armour from a mod and it crashed the server. How do I stop this?
Thanks given by:
I'd prefer the server to survive, rather than have to block such players. Can you do a proper crash report, as detailed by the two "How to report crashes" guides here?
https://forum.cuberite.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10
Thanks given by:
Sure, let me test it out again. I'll get my friend to do it soon...
Thanks given by:
Here is the log, it shows what happens when my friend adds an modded item at the bottom.

Attached Files
.txt   LOG_1397712538.txt (Size: 3.05 KB / Downloads: 267)
Thanks given by:
The log is pretty much useless in this case, I need a stacktrace of the crash, which means either a crashdump file, or (better) actually running the server under a debugger - as outlined in the guides.
Thanks given by:
I canĀ“t replicate the crash, what mod(s) is he using?
Thanks given by:
He just uses the Extended Workbench mod, and I just tested TooManyItems switching the time to night then day and it crashed the server. Almost every mod will give it a nice crash.
Thanks given by:
Xoft, can the protocol handle plugin messages? If not, that would explain why it crashed. All forge mods use the plugin message packet to communicate with the server.
Thanks given by: