My version of a plugin repository
(08-19-2016, 02:43 AM)xoft Wrote: Categories are difficult to choose when authoring plugins, use Tags instead - just like Categories, but a plugin may have multiple Tags.

Totally agree. Tags.
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2016, 02:34 AM)LogicParrot Wrote: Also, we really shouldn't mark the forum section "old" till the repo is ready.
The question is, when is the repo considered ready? It has existed for a good amount of time.
Thanks given by:
Sorry. I haven't checked it out in a long time. My definition of ready was: When it can provide everything the forum provides. It does seem to provide that now. Please ignore my previous comment.
Thanks given by:
I would say it's ready when:
  • it has either tags or categories
  • a proper interface (cause honestly... just look at it)
  • some kind of version parsing, currently it doesn't show any version at all
  • a license parser, just a string on the top of the page which shows what license the plugin has
  • a download counter? Probably stable releases only
Thanks given by:
@tigerw No, it's the pagination, when I try accessing the endpoint manually, I can see those repos on the second page.
Thanks given by:
Indeed.

In other news: using the magic of APIs ("letting others do the hard work for you"), licenses where present are given a name and shown.

Those recognised by the Hub of Gits are displayed with their given name.

(Those not are displayed with their mothers' maiden name: Other)
Thanks given by:
@PureTryOut: version parsing is implemented with the GitHub releases system. I'm not too sure what to do with the version in Info.lua
Thanks given by:
Also, is the design that bad? I like itTongue

I suppose the blocks just need to shift up to fill the gaps, but I dunno how to do that with the flexible box model in CSS.
Thanks given by:
Personally, I think we should try to make it match the rest of the websites.
Thanks given by:
I agree with Nilspace, it's just so off of the main website. Just as this forum is off of the main website. Actually, everything is off.
Thanks given by: