My version of a plugin repository
Searching and list per author works. Not search engine level, but works.
Thanks given by:
(09-19-2016, 05:57 AM)tigerw Wrote:
  • I was under the impression that commands and permissions went in README, like what WorldEdit does.

I don't think so, that's up to the developers. As far as I know, all permissions and commands are registered in Info.lua. See here for an example.
Thanks given by:
@PureTryOut There's an InfoDump.lua file directly in Cuberite's repo that turns the Info.lua file into README.md (and forum post text), so the format is actually somewhat standard. The devs might not use it, but why not if it's already there and it saves a ton of work by generating from a single place.
Thanks given by:
Interesting, I hadn't heard of InfoDump.lua. Annoying that it specifically requires Lua 5.1 though, as my system ships with 5.3 and the script is unusable for me because of it.
Thanks given by:
(09-20-2016, 08:29 PM)PureTryOut Wrote: Interesting, I hadn't heard of InfoDump.lua. Annoying that it specifically requires Lua 5.1 though, as my system ships with 5.3 and the script is unusable for me because of it.

You can use the DumpInfo plugin shipped with Cuberite by default. It adds an option to create info files in the WebAdmin.
Thanks given by:
I've added more layers of caching to the repository. Hopefully speeds are better.

Also screenshots; put images in a Screenshots/ directory in your repository.
Thanks given by:
Well I'm not 100% sure if that's the best way because everyone would have to check the screenshots out which is completely unnecessary
Thanks given by:
True; the reason being that my hosting plan provides little spare space for image storage.
Thanks given by:
The screenshots will presumably not be too large files, so it's not a big deal. However, I'd have preferred if the screenshot filenames were explicitly mentioned somewhere - Info.lua would be the best place. That way the plugin can have files in the Screenshots subfolder that won't be displayed by the plugin repo (just in case - if the plugin has many screenshots for documentation but it wouldn't make sense to display them all on the plugin page).
Thanks given by:
Is there an api for it? As I plan on integrating it in the Android app, this would be needed. (or integrating it into the webadmin....). I'm posting this now although android is way before getting that feature because I want to give you some time doing it :p

Things that the api should be able to list:
A list of all plugins, paginated as allways. (name, author, short description, image,... )
A search endpoint, also with pagination
A plugin endpoint listing (longer description, download url,.... Maybe integrate that in the general list)
Thanks given by: