My version of a plugin repository
Okay, I think this conversation needs a hangout and some 'realtime' discussion because we won't get around making this closed source. Users can suggest ideas and we collect them and start improving our existing concepts. How does that sound? The only problem I see are timezones Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't see why you can't make it opensource.
Just don't post the config file for the production server it'll be running on. Wink
Thanks given by:
It's because I don't think we want thousands of repos popping up from nothingness. We want on central place for plugins, don't we?
Thanks given by:
You don't have to put links to more than one of those on the server website.
Also https://github.com/SpongePowered/Ore - they don't have any issues with making it opensource,
it might be a good idea to make a fork and modify that for mcserver needs - we don't really want to reinvent the wheel.Tongue
Thanks given by:
There is no "wheel" atm and we obviously don't wanna copy something from a completely different project. We want something that fits our project and our architecture and also our community.
Thanks given by:
It's in the development. And, it's almost surely going to have bigger contributor base (at least for the foreseeable future).
I'm not sure what project/architecture/community differences you are talking about - all that'd have to be added is info.lua parser.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't write our own, given that this task is relatively simple - if it's going to be good enough.
If you won't open up the sourcecode for collaboration, i'll be seriously considering coding one myself.Tongue
Thanks given by:
Let's all make one. Whomever finishes it, and presents something that we all like, and is feature complete, first, wins!
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2015, 02:18 AM)jan64 Wrote: [...]
If you won't open up the sourcecode for collaboration, i'll be seriously considering coding one myself.Tongue

I will. But only to a small group of developers in a private git repository. It's not that I don't want to collaborate, it's just that I'm concerned about security.

Also, let's don't make this an internal competition. I would rather make my code open than doing this.
Thanks given by:
IMO, security through obscurity isn't the way to go.
But, if you really want to do that, bitbucket sounds like the only reasonable way to go (with the exception of private git hosting, but that's most likely not happening soon).
Although, they have a limit of up to 5 contributors on free / non-student accounts.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, thats where I hosted my code. But there is indeed another possibility: GitLab. It's like a private github that you can host youself
Thanks given by: