My version of a plugin repository
Another bug I noticed in Manage Account:
  • My profile picture was too large.
  • The close account button wasn't working.
[Image: 5d4e8b15da.png]

I don't think we should rely on Gravatar this much. I think the profile picture is fine, but the username should be stored localy I think. All it does is pretty much forcing someone to create another account on Gravatar.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2015, 07:07 AM)xoft Wrote: I think, if using GitHub is too difficult for you, then writing a good plugin is basically impossibly difficult for youTongue

Is the repository hosting the plugin downloads, or just storing links? If we forced GitHub, we could just store links, even for historical versions.

Any chance of an API that a plugin may use to perform a version check? Such as "Give me the latest version numbers for plugins X, Y and Z". Preferably in some simple-to-parse format (not JSON - we don't have a parser API in MCS yet)

Would version numbers for one plugin at a time be okay?

(05-12-2015, 08:43 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Another bug I noticed in Manage Account:
  • My profile picture was too large.
  • The close account button wasn't working.

I don't think we should rely on Gravatar this much. I think the profile picture is fine, but the username should be stored localy I think. All it does is pretty much forcing someone to create another account on Gravatar.

Haven't had time to update manage.php yet, not to worry.

I guess, and I myself don't like creating accounts either, but it is quite convenient to offload all the account information to another service. Maybe an option to set display name if not linked to Gravatar, and that would be all the repository handles.
Thanks given by:
I guess version number for one plugin is a good start.

However, there's still a problem, what IS the version number that should be reported. Do you expect plugin authors to manually post updates with version numbers for their plugins?
If there was the GitHub integration, it could actually read the GitHub releases from the plugin's repo, so it would be all automatic, including the version numbers reported.
Thanks given by:
If you are using php, i've found this https://github.com/milo/github-api , it looks like the nicest way to interact with github api out there (only looked at php-compliant solutions, though).
Thanks given by:
Wow that's complex. Perhaps when I've finished mis examenes?

Fixed the sections in manage.php looking transposed.
Thanks given by:
When I now press the Close account button it logs me off, and I can't log back in anymore :|
Thanks given by:
also, we might want to consider adding some sort of unique id to the Info.lua file, so that two plugins with the same name can be differentiated between.
Thanks given by:
(05-14-2015, 07:02 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: When I now press the Close account button it logs me off, and I can't log back in anymore :|

It closed your account, meaning it was deleted from the database.

You can register again with the same email if you want to retrieve your account.

If you were meaning to log out, there's a log out link beneath the manage account link?
Thanks given by:
No, I wanted to close the manage account tab Wink At least that was what I expected it to doTongue
Thanks given by:
Changed 'Close account' to 'Delete account' and added a confirmation.

Do people want to start adding proper plugins?
Thanks given by: