Windows 2003 Server
Hi,

i'm new in this Forum, and sorry for my bad English.Angel It's not my Nativ Language.
I have a Windows 2003 Server running on this i will run MC-Server.
It's this not possible ?Huh
Run the MC-Server from Windows 2008 Server or on Windows 2012 Server ?

Thank You verry Much for the Help.

Chris
Thanks given by:
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
Running MCServer on a Windows 2003 server should be possible, although you might need to compile your own executable. The compiled binaries provided on the build pages ( https://builds.cuberite.org ) will run only on Windows 2008 server or higher. You need a computer with Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2013 Express For Desktop, prepare the compilation as documented, but then before compiling you need to open the visual studio and in the MCServer project properties, you need to set the platform toolset to Visual Studio 2013 - Windows XP (v120_xp). This will produce an MCServer executable that will run on Windows XP and 2003 server.
Thanks given by:
Hi xoft,

(11-01-2014, 05:27 AM)xoft Wrote: Hello, and welcome to the forum.
Running MCServer on a Windows 2003 server should be possible, although you might need to compile your own executable. The compiled binaries provided on the build pages ( https://builds.cuberite.org ) will run only on Windows 2008 server or higher. You need a computer with Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2013 Express For Desktop, prepare the compilation as documented, but then before compiling you need to open the visual studio and in the MCServer project properties, you need to set the platform toolset to Visual Studio 2013 - Windows XP (v120_xp). This will produce an MCServer executable that will run on Windows XP and 2003 server.

Thank You, and thank you for the info. But i have no MS Visual C++ Project found.
For Compile your Server. And i have not so infos about C++, if you can help me this is verry nice.

I have the Source from your Site downloaded and i have found a Directory with many cpp Files eventualy to the server but no cpp file with titel MCServer.

Many thx

Chris
Thanks given by:
There is no VS project file. You need to generate it first, using the CMake program (this allows us to use a single project file for Windows, Linux, OS X and others). Have a look at the Compiling file: https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/bl...MPILING.md

Also note that if you downloaded the sources as a ZIP file from GitHub, you need to download additional source file ZIPs and unpack them to proper folders before using cmake:
Into lib\SQLiteCpp: https://github.com/mc-server/SQLiteCpp
Into lib\polarssl: https://github.com/mc-server/polarssl
Thanks given by:
Hi xoft,

thank you verry much for the help. I Have not see the info about "cmake".
Now i'm become a error Message that the compiler not have comiled my exe.

Eventualy help's the PrintScreen.

Chris

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Oh, du bist deutscher? Smile
Thanks given by:
Is there a Lua project in your solution? If so, right-click it and choose Build project, then retry building the whole solution. For some reason it seems that the VS is trying to build MCS before its required libraries.
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2014, 10:53 AM)Howaner Wrote: Oh, du bist deutscher? Smile

Hi, Nö ich bin Schweizer, aber spreche halt nicht so gut Englisch da nie gelehrnt.

Gruss

Chris
Thanks given by:
Hi xoft,

(11-01-2014, 01:30 PM)xoft Wrote: Is there a Lua project in your solution? If so, right-click it and choose Build project, then retry building the whole solution. For some reason it seems that the VS is trying to build MCS before its required libraries.

Thank You so much for your Help. First its my failour i have the LUA.dll not Copyed.
So now run to a other failour notice.

1>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: MCServer, Konfiguration: Debug Win32 ------
1> Building Custom Rule E:/MCServer Lorenz/src/CMakeLists.txt
1> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
1> Generating E:/MCServer Lorenz/src/Bindings/Bindings.cpp, E:/MCServer Lorenz/src/Bindings/Bindings.h
1> Der Befehl "tolua" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
1> konnte nicht gefunden werden.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(172,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" wurde mit dem Code 9009 beendet.
2>------ Erstellen übersprungen: Projekt: ALL_BUILD, Konfiguration: Debug Win32 ------
2>Für diese Projektmappenkonfiguration wurde kein zu erstellendes Projekt ausgewählt.
========== Erstellen: 0 erfolgreich, 1 fehlerhaft, 1 aktuell, 1 übersprungen ==========

This is the error:
1> Der Befehl "tolua" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
1> konnte nicht gefunden werden.

In English tolua was wrong writed or can't found.

then cmd was closed.

Have you a idea ?

Thank You verry much

Chris

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
You don't need to copy the lua dll, the build should do all that for you.
It seems that for some reason the dependencies are skipped by your compiler. Try to right-click Tolualib project and build, then tolua project and build and finally build the solution again.

Note that in the last report it says you're building a Debug build, is that intentional? Debug builds are much slower than Release builds, because they do additional sanity checks all the time. If you plan just running the server, you may want to switch to a Release build. Do this by going to menu Build -> Configuration manager, and select Release from the Active solution configuration combobox.
Thanks given by: