Creating a custom server address?
[offtopic]
networking is not easy to understand, NAT/IP forwarding for home computers is alwasy an issue if somebody just wanna get its own server running on his/her home beeing accessed from outside. They often dont even know how to connect to their router. Wink

It should be written somehwere clearly that this is something needed and not done by MCserver configs.

[/offtopic]
Thanks given by:
(11-21-2014, 06:41 PM)xoft Wrote: Man, have you even read what you've written? You know, there's two special keys on your keyboard, you might want to start using them. They're called comma and dot, and they're located in the lower right part of the keyboard.

MCServer does not need any IP setting, it automatically listens on all IP addresses available for the computer.
If you want people from the outside to connect to your server, you need to:
- configure your router / modem to relay the traffic (port forwarding)
- find out your public IP and give that to your friends
- (optionally) use a third party service that provides a hostname to IP mapping (so that instead of giving the IP to your friends, you can give them a name, such as "mcserver.tggtggt.dlink.net")

Note that neither of these steps is MCServer-specific. There's nothing the server can do for you and you don't need to set anything special in the server; rather, this is about your home network setup, which is unique to your home and so not many people can help you without knowing your home setup.

About that unsupported protocol, we'll have to check on that, it seems that they might be using some other protocol version to check your server.

so I had gotten the ip part earlier, and thanks about the protocol error, I don't think theres anything I can do about it, so once again, thanks.
P.s did you really have to say it like that? don't want to start an argument or anything, but was making a comment about my writing in that manner really justified? And my point is not that it hurt my feelings, or that I'm mad/upset about it, my point is that you don't really know what's going in others lives. It could be really rough for someone and what you matters, everything has an effect, all it takes is the cause of you saying one thing and they could up and say, "that's it, I'm done" and commit suicide. Just be considerate is all, not that your a bad guy, or on my hate list.
Thanks given by: