How to change my server's name?
Brick 
In the web admin feature on the top right, lies a text saying:"Server name:57de251775ee8501", does anyone know how to change those numbers and characters? Thanks alot in advance!Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That is the server ID, it is used only for client auth, you cannot change it, and you shouldn't need to. The real question is, what's the point of displaying it. It used to be a real name of the server in like Beta 1.6, but not anymore, so there's really no point.

If you want to change the server's description (what the client sees when they add your server to their list), you need to edit settings.ini, [Server].Description value.
Thanks given by:
Big Grin 
(11-15-2014, 06:47 AM)xoft Wrote: That is the server ID, it is used only for client auth, you cannot change it, and you shouldn't need to. The real question is, what's the point of displaying it. It used to be a real name of the server in like Beta 1.6, but not anymore, so there's really no point.

If you want to change the server's description (what the client sees when they add your server to their list), you need to edit settings.ini, [Server].Description value.
Aaah! Thank you!! Also how can I add an Icon to my server? Like the server-icon.png thing used by the jar server? Smile
Thanks given by:
The file should be named favicon.png (and there should already be one in the default package, so you can just replace it)
Thanks given by:
shouldn't the icon be named like the original one? So users won't be confused when switching to MCServer?
Thanks given by:
Yeah. I thought it was, perhaps they changed it?
Thanks given by:
No, I think it was always server-icon.png:
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Server#Se...r.27s_icon
Thanks given by:
AaaahBig Grin Thank you everyone! Your help is much apreciated!
Thanks given by: