Disappearing Blocks
I've noticed that the server sometimes doesn't manage blocks quite properly.

For instance, if I place a few blocks during construction ... some will disappear. I especially see this if I use a plugin to (like WorldEdit) to place blocks. If I use the web interface to save all the world's chunks and then restart the server, the blocks magically reappear.

Any ideas on this?
Thanks given by:
How often does that happen? I haven't seen such behavior yet. Do you have any special plugins, besides Core and WE? Although I doubt they could be the cause, but still, for completeness' sake. And about reappearing, do the blocks reappear, too, if you go far away from the place (so that the chunk is unloaded from the client) and then come back?
Thanks given by:
I am also thinking of this as a client-sided problem. Check the list:
- do you have the right java version(6 or 7, 8 is not supported yet)
- is the Java installation th right one for your system? (x86, x64)
- does your minecraft installation have enough RAM?
- etc...
Thanks given by:
(11-19-2014, 04:53 AM)xoft Wrote: How often does that happen? I haven't seen such behavior yet. Do you have any special plugins, besides Core and WE? Although I doubt they could be the cause, but still, for completeness' sake. And about reappearing, do the blocks reappear, too, if you go far away from the place (so that the chunk is unloaded from the client) and then come back?

It doesn't happen often when placing one block at a time. But it does happen almost everytime using //cut and //paste in world edit.

I've tried the warp away and wander back method, and the block still doesn't appear until I restart the server.

(11-19-2014, 05:00 AM)SphinxC0re Wrote: I am also thinking of this as a client-sided problem. Check the list:
- do you have the right java version(6 or 7, 8 is not supported yet)
- is the Java installation th right one for your system? (x86, x64)
- does your minecraft installation have enough RAM?
- etc...

I'm using x64 Java 6 for the client.
The client workstation has 8GB of RAM, the server 16GB. The MCServer barely uses any RAM at all (<1GB)
Thanks given by:
I wonder if if it has to do with the fact that I have two worlds with the same seed.

Are the chunks cached by world name or by seed?
Thanks given by:
(11-20-2014, 04:39 AM)wudles Wrote: I wonder if if it has to do with the fact that I have two worlds with the same seed.

Are the chunks cached by world name or by seed?

Every world got it's own thread, so I suppose, that every world got it's own catch. Smile
Thanks given by:
Having two worlds might be relevant. It should not matter, the worlds are completely separated, but perhaps there's something we missed.
The same seed won't matter at all, that's only used for setting up the world generator.
Thanks given by:
(11-20-2014, 07:10 AM)xoft Wrote: Having two worlds might be relevant. It should not matter, the worlds are completely separated, but perhaps there's something we missed.
The same seed won't matter at all, that's only used for setting up the world generator.

Speaking of seeds ... I created two empty folders, copied a world.ini into each, referenced the folder in the settings.ini file, edited the world.ini files to have different seeds ('redondo' and 'hermosa') ... yet both worlds have the same map.

I jump between them using the /portal command, and the topography is identical. Did I do something wrong?
Thanks given by:
Could you copy your world.ini files in
Code:
[code][ /code]
tags?
Thanks given by:
(11-21-2014, 02:39 AM)wudles Wrote: edited the world.ini files to have different seeds ('redondo' and 'hermosa')

The seed should be a number, not a text. When you put text in, MCS couldn't translate it to a number so it uses zero. So in fact you created two worlds with the same seed.
Thanks given by: