Setting up a server
Direct ARMv6 (Raspberry-pi) download: http://builds.cuberite.org/job/MCServer%...Server.tar

The homepage, where you have a selection of downloads: http://mc-server.org/

You just need to extract the tar file and then run it, here's how to do that via console:
Code:
tar -xvf MCServer.tar #Extract
cd MCServer           #Go to the directory
./MCServer            #Run
If you don't want the console: The raspberry Pi's desktop might allow you to extract via right clicking the tar and hitting extract, not sure about that though.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 08:27 PM)Safwat Wrote: Direct ARMv6 (Raspberry-pi) download: http://builds.cuberite.org/job/MCServer%...Server.tar

The homepage, where you have a selection of downloads: http://mc-server.org/

You just need to extract the tar file and then run it, here's how to do that via console:
Code:
tar -xvf MCServer.tar #Extract
cd MCServer           #Go to the directory
./MCServer            #Run
If you don't want the console: The raspberry Pi's desktop might allow you to extract via right clicking the tar and hitting extract, not sure about that though.

GREAT - You are my new personal minecraft herobrine Smile

(05-05-2015, 08:27 PM)Safwat Wrote: tar -xvf MCServer.tar #Extract
cd MCServer #Go to the directory
./MCServer #Run
[/code]

Do you have a startup script - would like to ad it so it starts up when the PI is booting.
Thanks given by:
I moved this thread to MCServer Discussions

I appearantly forgot to move it earlier Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 08:43 PM)denbertuz Wrote: GREAT - You are my new personal minecraft herobrine Smile
WohooTongue

(05-05-2015, 08:43 PM)denbertuz Wrote: Do you have a startup script - would like to ad it so it starts up when the PI is booting.

Yes, this is possible. Do you want the server to run in a window after you log in to the desktop? or do you want it to keep running in the background regardless of whether you've logged in to the desktop or not? The second approach is more automatic; if the PI reboots, the server reboots. The first approach requires you to log in to the desktop before the server starts running, but it has a window, allowing you to input commands and such.
Thanks given by:
I'll list the 2 approaches, I'm assuming the Raspberry uses LXDE.

Approach 1, boot at desktop boot (assuming LXDE):
  • Create a new file called:
    Code:
    /home/pi/.config/autostart/MCServer.desktop
    Note that "MCServer" was just a picked named, you could have named it whatever you want, but it should end with .desktop.
  • In that file, put the following:
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Type=Application
    Name=MCServer autostart
    Exec=xterm -e /bin/bash -c "PATH TO THE MCSERVER EXECUTABLE"
  • Done.
Approach 2, boot at system boot (but no interactive window)
  • edit /etc/rc.local, note that you must be root to edit that, possible commands that achieve this are sudo leafpad /etc/rc.local or sudo nano /etc/rc.local
  • Put the following inside, just above the last line which is exit 0
    Code:
    sudo -u pi -- "PATH TO THE MCSERVER EXECUTABLE" & disown

Note that all double-quotes are to be kept, the only thing you need to modify is the uppercase PATH TO THE MCSERVER EXECUTABLE
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 09:11 PM)Safwat Wrote: Yes, this is possible. Do you want the server to run in a window after you log in to the desktop? or do you want it to keep running in the background regardless of whether you've logged in to the desktop or not? The second approach is more automatic; if the PI reboots, the server reboots. The first approach requires you to log in to the desktop before the server starts running, but it has a window, allowing you to input commands and such.

I'm a huge fan of headless debian, hence I prefer the "correct" second solution
Thanks given by:
Note that I fixed a command error in approach 2.

I accidentally deleted this remark: If you want to execute server commands / see the server console while using approach 2, there could be an Rcon plugin or something, but I'm not sure, the other devs know better.
Thanks given by:
Actually RCON is built into MCServer itself, but is not enabled by default. You can find the settings in the settings.ini file. However, the preferred way to interact with the server is via the WebAdmin - that one has to be enabled as well through the webadmin.ini file which also defines the usernames and passwords for logging in.
Thanks given by:
I tried typing /destroyentities in the webchat but that did not work. Is it possible to call the commands that can be called from console?
Thanks given by:
No, you can't use the console commands from the webchat.
EDIT:
We could however change the webchat command handlers to return a bool and a string. Then the webchat would show the returned string. That way we could simply bind the console commands to the webadmin.
Thanks given by: