Setting up a server
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find any info on this on the forum or the wiki. How do I set up the server after I have configured it? I don't see a setting for the IP of the server, so I can't even test the server. Any help?
Thanks given by:
Actually it should be very simple

- download the file for your system
- start the server
- wait till the world is created
- check out the settings.ini for server settings
- check out webadmin.ini for the web interface settings

If you're running the server at your local machine. just connect with "localhost" ingame. in browser you can use "localhost:8080" to connect to the web interface.

Any more help? just ask Wink
Thanks given by:
(11-20-2014, 04:02 AM)nouseforname Wrote: Actually it should be very simple

- start the server

If you're running the server at your local machine. just connect with "localhost" ingame. in browser you can use "localhost:8080" to connect to the web interface.

What does the webadmin stuff do?
Thanks given by:
(11-20-2014, 04:07 AM)Wildfire63010 Wrote: What does the webadmin stuff do?

you can manage your server there from any external place. Like manage players, ingame chat and server settings. Not needed for first testing tho... but nice to have
Thanks given by:
(11-20-2014, 04:09 AM)nouseforname Wrote:
(11-20-2014, 04:07 AM)Wildfire63010 Wrote: What does the webadmin stuff do?

you can manage your server there from any external place. Like manage players, ingame chat and server settings. Not needed for first testing tho... but nice to have

It's just talking about a port? How do I access it?
Thanks given by:
(11-20-2014, 04:18 AM)Wildfire63010 Wrote: It's just talking about a port? How do I access it?

as i wrote above...

if your server is running, just open webadmin.ini and change the user settings to your needs. simple, jzst remove the ";" in front of these two lines:

Code:
[User:admin]
Password=admin

- restart your server

- open your web browser with url: localhost:8080

- login with admin / admin

edit:
ofc this "localhost" thing only works if the server is running at the same machine you're sitting in front of Wink. In case you running the server somehwere external you have to use the ip/domain of that external server
Thanks given by:
(11-20-2014, 04:02 AM)nouseforname Wrote: Actually it should be very simple

- start the server

I'm new here, and are trying to setup at MCserver for my kids on ar Raspberry PI 2 - I'm quite familiar with Debian/Ubuntu and did expect it to be easy, but... I'm NOT familiar with installing from source.

Therefore: where do I get the files?

I've followed this, but with no luck Sad

Arent there any packages for the everyday daddy struggling to setup a minecraft server for his kids Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
You do NOT need to build it from source, we have ready-to use binaries here.

Quote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find any info on this on the forum or the wiki. How do I set up the server after I have configured it? I don't see a setting for the IP of the server, so I can't even test the server. Any help?
I'm making some assumptions here, please correct me if any of them are wrong.
I'm assuming:
  • You've reached a point where your server is running. (Probably the most daring assumptionTongue , correct me if I'm wrong)
  • You're not sure how to connect to it.
  • You want to connect to it via other computers that reside on the same home network.

The next step is finding the LAN IP of your raspberry pi, this is done with the following console command:
Code:
sudo ifconfig
Now that you know the IP, you just input it in Minecraft (Multiplayer > addserver).
You should be ready to play.
Thanks given by:
Edited the post slightly, clarified that building from source is not needed for the Rpi.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 08:19 PM)Safwat Wrote: Edited the post slightly, clarified that building from source is not needed for the Rpi.

Great - Can you share an url to the files?
Thanks given by: