Need help compiling!
Hello guys, merry Christmas.

I need your help, i want to try to compile MCServer on windows but i cant get it right !

I am running Windows 7 x64bit

As far as i know i need:
Cmake
Visual Studio 9

Cmake cant find the compiler and i cannot setup anything.

Is there any tutorial or video that can help me compile it ?

Every help is appreciated !

P.S i dont want a precompiled source i want to build it myself !

Thank you in advance : Dominent
Thanks given by:
I think a precompiled version is much easier, so unless you really need to you shouldn't compile yourself.

But if you really want to compile yourself, there is a guide on the GitHub: https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/bl...MPILING.md
Thanks given by:
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Visual studio 9 (2008) is no longer supported. You need to have Visual Studio 2013 (the free Express version works alright).

After you install both MSVC and CMake, download the sources. Either you need to use git, and let git pull the submodules for you as well, or, if you download the ZIP packs of the sources, you need to additionally download the PolarSSL and SQLiteCpp libraries, and unpack them into the respective subfolders inside the lib folder.

Then you need to open the command prompt at the root of the sources, and do a "cmake ." command. This will create the VS project and solution files. Finally, open the solution in VS and build.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the fast reply. I am almost done. When i load All_Build in VisualStudio 2013 and click build all i get this error "Error 1 error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1."

Thank you in advance Dominent.
Thanks given by:
You need to open MCServer.sln instead. Then right-click the MCServer project in the Solution Explorer window, and choose "Set as default project". Then build.
Thanks given by:
xoft i opened MCServer.sln, but i couldnt find the option Set as default project ! I looked everywhere i checked the MCServer project nothing. I went to Config manager and changed the configuration to release and after that i tryed to build but still the same error. I Looked up the web still couldnt find the option "set as default project" . Thanks for the help i am almost doneBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I mistyped that, it's supposed to be "Set as StartUp project":
[Image: SetAsStartup.png]
Thanks given by:
Same error, but you have more projects and the lua engine, maybe there is the problem ?- [Image: 123t6vb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Did you run cmake at the project root? Did it report any issues? You're missing all the libraries that we're using.
Thanks given by:
Thank you
========== Build: 14 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

the problem was that i meesed up the cmake config, i thought the root was only the src folder

P.S can i compile in x64 version ?
Thanks given by: