Raspberry PI - 2
Hey guys,

http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/

Wouldn't this be fun to run mc-server on ?Big Grin
I am thinking of ordering one if it works, so far i read it should run just fine.
Thanks given by:
Nice, finally some serious hardware. Those 256 MiB of RAM they started with were laughable already at the time of the launch. I believe this piece of HW could run the server pretty smooth.

Pity, I can't spare the money now, I'm saving for my new house so can't afford any "goodies"; but perhaps later this year I might be able to.
Thanks given by:
Theoretically speaking, can MC-server run on two or more Pi's in parallel? Perhaps via some os low-level abstraction?
Thanks given by:
Wow, that's a pretty pleasant surprise. They finally upgraded to an ARM Cortex-A7. Perhaps Android on RasPi soon?
Thanks given by: PCPlayerLV
@native we've already talked about this, it is highly impractical to run single-world MCS on multiple computers, mostly due to the synchronization needed between them. You can use BungeeCord to split the load among multiple servers with different worlds - MCS is already BungeeCord-compatible.
Thanks given by:
Theoretically speaking it would be possible to offload generation and lighting to a different machine. The issue there is not how it would work, but the amount of effort required to rewrite the interface. There's a lot of hidden dependencies in the code. For example the tree helper class directly depends on: BlockID.h, Noise.h, BiomeDef.h, Globals.h, ChunkDef.h, Vector3.h And indirectly depends on everything thrown in by those, which includes world.h, chunk.h, root.h which pretty much draws everything in.
I just bought a couple to test out.
Thanks given by: sphinxc0re , PCPlayerLV
(02-14-2015, 04:49 PM)wudles Wrote: I just bought a couple to test out.

Keep us updated Smile
Existing software should work on the new pies, so the buildserver one should work.

We'd have to see how much benefit the new pi gets from NEON and other ARMv7 features.

I'm getting one for home as well next week so I could test as well.
Thanks given by:
Lucky youTongue
Thanks given by: