Other rendering engine except minecraft client ?
Hi !

Question - is there any other open source code client available for testing mcserver - or is it only minecraft?
Thanks given by:
You can login with any client that uses the Minecraft protocol from either 1.7 or 1.8. You can find some clients here, but not all of them render stuff. Most of them are console-based.
Thanks given by:
What if I would start to sketch some 3d engine, can I get some cooperation with mc server source code ?
I think parts of server can be reused in client - like world generation, and stuff ?

But 3d rendering engine is kinda heavy stuff, don't expect it to mature really quickly.
Thanks given by:
Sort of. Whilst we'd be willing to work with you and our license would allow you to do that technically splitting out parts of our code would be tricky, due to its tight coupling. In particular you would need to completely rewrite the clienthandle and protocol systems, plus significant modifications to the world and server subsytems. You would probably want to replace the webadmin as well. It is a lot of work to just try and split a substem off. I tried a while ago with both simulators and generator code to make them independent. Neither of the projects succeded due to the high nuber of dependencies on other classes.
Thanks given by:
A good starting point would be Minetest. If you could implement 1.7 / 1.8 support in Minetest, it would become MCserver-compatible. I don't know how hard it is in practice, though.

https://github.com/minetest/minetest
Thanks given by:
Minetest is a whole other game. I guess it would be very difficult if not impossible.
Thanks given by:
Possibly true.
In theory, one could at least scrape the rendering engine.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 07:55 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: You can login with any client that uses the Minecraft protocol from either 1.7 or 1.8. You can find some clients here, but not all of them render stuff. Most of them are console-based.

Thanks for useful link.

I've scanned most of minecraft clients, and I think I have some ideas of not making my own 3d rendering client engine, but may be some sort of bot. (chat / navigation)

What I have checked through - there aren't any good C# / C++ bot solution, most of up-to-date solutions made with javascript / pyhton, but could not make some of them work.

May be I'll still fall down for my own C++ / C# implementation - it will be either custom implementation or somehow chopped off from mcserver / cuberite.
If you see it useful - I'm eager to discuss with some of your developers how easy / feasible it would be to make something like this.

minetest is not interesting for me anymore due to it's licensing restrictions:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11261

Good that cuberite does not have same problem.
Thanks given by: