PvP
Can anyone create a generic PvP plugin? This plugin would make it so you could have several maps (custom made PvP maps) and you could join, leave, and spectate the maps. The last man standing wins. If you go on Keicraft (visit Keinett.com for more info), they have a PvP. That is the type that I'm aiming for.

There would be different classes. When you join an Arena you get to choose you class.

1. Archer Class
2. Fighter Class
3. Mage Class
4. Healer Class

I desperately need this plugin for the server I'm developing. Having a semi-working HG server by itself is not gonna cut it. I would need this for one, and other plugins (or for the players, mini-games) in the future as well.

I would appreciate it if someone made a this plugin, and I might be able to pay the anyone who decides to make this (paid in Bitcoin).

Thanks for any help and/or support!Big Grin
Thanks given by:
another thing that could work would be like a region plugin where you select a region and you could set it like:
(/"plugin-name" "region-name" pvp 1/0) that way you could add soo much more to that region, like anti-flying, anti-building, anti-destroying, reroll(restoring that region to a specific time in case that you want to do like a destroy the fort or have a hunger games where you can destroy stuff and have that region to reset after each battle or something like that), have the region give you a specific inventory for your classes.

The possibillities with something like this is almost limitless, so yeah, what I think, my idea "twist" wwould be something better to have actually, broader and better features can be built in.
Thanks given by:
I'm working on this plugin. I'll have it so regions have different options and you can set bounding boxes covering the area of the arena with a golden pickaxe or something.
Thanks given by:
(02-24-2015, 08:02 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote: I'm working on this plugin. I'll have it so regions have different options and you can set bounding boxes covering the area of the arena with a golden pickaxe or something.

that's greatBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Why use another tool for selection? Share with WorldEdit - it has an inter-plugin API that allows you to query and set selection in WE; additionally there are client-side mods that display that selection (WECUI). The GalExport plugin uses this interop API, so you even have an example.
Thanks given by:
(02-24-2015, 04:49 PM)xoft Wrote: Why use another tool for selection? Share with WorldEdit - it has an inter-plugin API that allows you to query and set selection in WE; additionally there are client-side mods that display that selection (WECUI). The GalExport plugin uses this interop API, so you even have an example.

I'm not sure what this means, but...

TheDiamondToaster said he would be able to make this plugin for me and it's currently in the works, so that won't be necessary. Wink

Thanks for the advice though!
Thanks given by:
I suppose I could, but I don't really like plugin dependencies. I suppose I could if no one objects to having WorldEdit as well though.
Thanks given by:
(02-25-2015, 01:44 PM)DiamondToaster Wrote: I suppose I could, but I don't really like plugin dependencies. I suppose I could if no one objects to having WorldEdit as well though.

Plugin dependencies is a no no in my opinion. I was thinking just create the plugin (like the HungerGames plugin NILSPACE made) with an ini file in which you can create/customize different/new classes.

For example, the Warrior class in an Ini file would look like this:

(The numbers are the in-game item numbers, note these are not the actual numbers that would be used)

Class="Warrior Class"
Weapons=267, 920, 292, etc.
Armour=129, 292

You would choose several points on the map where the people could spawn, and have an awesome game. At some point, you might want to have a score system. Just an idea, this basic gamemode can be built upon. Smile
Thanks given by:
It needn't be a hard dependency, only a soft one - if WE is there, use it; if not, work without it.

The point is that there are other tools that can use the WE interaction - the already mentioned WECUI mod that shows the selection for the player, or the WE commands that could be used to manipulate the selection (will you implement all of the //shift, // expand etc commands? And have an extra set of those so that they don't collide with WE if it is present?)
Thanks given by:
I'll make it a soft dependancy if I can. I use WorldEdit myself so it will use the wooden axe if its available. WorldEdit's selection tools are probably more optimised than what I write.

You would still have the option of using it without WorldEdit though.

And xoft, I don't know why this is, but when selecting with left click, it works perfectly, but when using right click, it properly selects it then quickly the block selection to -1, 2047, -1. Would you have any idea why this is? The two click hooks are identical in function, yet it does not work.
Thanks given by: