Open Source
I came here to ask the creator of the project to think about putting the MC-Server as open source. The reason I'm saying this is the forum is dead and the creator is too busy to continue the project, as well as minecraft is at its peak.

I'm talking because I think the owner does not want the MC-Server die.

All projects that are closed to the public has a chance of 70% to die, since you can not help with the complete code for the emulator. The proof is that there are several emulators that die from lack of freedom to help others. As evidence that public projects can be of great success is the most successful of all the same Half-Life, since the most played game in history, Counter-Strike. Half-Life today helps programmers make their own games. Besides the success of Half-Life and there is also SourceMod amxmodx, which has the possibility of players create their own plugins to modify your server as you want. This project is also open source.

I see no reason that you should keep the Mc-server with closed source.
Thanks given by:
AFAIK Half-Life is not open source, but it allows you to create modifications for it and so does MCServer so I don't really see your point there.

I'll think about it though
Thanks given by:
As you know, I completely support open sourcing Mcserver, but at the same time it is not my project and I respect faketruth's wishes, no matter which path he decides to choose.
Thanks given by:
if FakeTruth does come through, im fine with either way. open or closed, compleatly his decision.
Thanks given by: