MCServer is open source!
how to compile in Windows ? manual please
Thanks given by:
You need to download and install Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, then open /trunk/VC2010/MCServer.sln and press CTRL+F5
Thanks given by:
Been a little while since i've been here, but here i am!Tongue going to check out this source code Smile
Thanks given by:
Cool! Good luck Smile Just so you know, the current version of MCServer is not compatible with the latest Minecraft version but it shouldn't be hard at all to make it compatible again.
Thanks given by:
is there already an version for Minecraft 1.0.0?
Thanks given by:
Hey FakeTruth,
You probably don´t know me and I only know you for a few days now. But I really like your project and I think it really has potential.
I also have some C++ Skills and free time and am interessted in contributing to the server. But I would also appreciate GitHub, because I don´t like Google Code very much. (Not because of Google but because of the overview. Github is so compact Smile)
I know you would not change just for me but maybe because I am not the only one who likes github more Smile

Also GitHub is easier for other developers. The can just fork the project and request a pull so you can merge the changes made by them Smile

I hope you can think over it Smile

(And there is also a git gui for Windows Wink One is GitGUI in the Git package and the other is TortoiseGit Wink)
Thanks given by:
Ooo, I got to check out TortoiseGit, I normally use TortoiseSVN and have become accustomed to it
Thanks given by:
Hello, I'm new here but I love the idea of a C++ MC server with Lua plugins and am wondering how I might go about being able to contribute code to this project.

I have experience with both C++ and Lua and am wondering what sort or route I would have to take to be a contributor. If you would like I could jump right in looking to address some bugs in the bug tracker and post/e-mail the changes?

Either way I would love to see this server implementation stay on par with MC retail features and also be expanded upon beyond the official release.
Thanks given by:
Hey, I´m not the owner, but since yesterday also a contributor.

I think that some other contributors would be great because there were no commits for a while.

You could submit some changes like explained here by FakeTruth https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...66#pid1366
When you decide for the patching way, you could send the patch to any contributor. (Preferably an active oneBig Grin)

But before you start fixing bugs you should try to cause them, because I´m not shure how actual the bugtracker is here.
I have uploaded a list which I created myself with bugs and problems I saw.
The list is located here: http://sney.net/probs.txt
(It´s not created very good, because it was only mentioned for meBig Grin)
I think I will merge the list the google code bugtracker, because there I can controll some more things.

And for the last point: I would also like to keep it up-to-date, because I´m also planning to use it when it´s more finished.

Simon
Thanks given by:
Thanks Simon Smile
Thanks given by: