Poll: Interested?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sure bro.
60.00%
3 60.00%
Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Anyone interested in AngelScript?
So, I came across a nice-looking scripting language called AngelScript. Since I'll also be using this for a future project, I was thinking of attempting to export the Lua API to AngelScript and seeing how that works. It's a static-typed language and has a syntax almost identical to C++. Anyone interested in ever using this API if it came out?
Thanks given by:
Unlike Lua, AngelScript comes with very little app-side documentation (after reading the docs for an hour, I was still unable to picture how it worked). Also the language seems a bit on the edge, it isn't used as much as Lua.

Given how much effort it would take to implement a second language into MCS, I vote "nay". I think your time would be much better spent improving the current Lua API or writing plugins or just any other improvement in MCS itself.
Thanks given by:
Alright, I could understand that, it does take quite a bit of effort to implement a whole API and keep it up to date. I'll look at improving other aspects then, I have a week long break from school now. Smile
Thanks given by:
Lua works so good.
Thanks given by:
I just find that it starts getting a bit unmanagable when trying to use OOP with metatables. It's purely personal opinion. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I searched some more info about AngelScript because I think I'd enjoy programming in it, but found this instead: http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/...rt-1-r3521

It's a tutorial on how to implement AngelScript in a C++ programgame.

I just thought I'd leave it here since we had a post about it Wink
Thanks given by: