Addition of new features
(This would possibly be better in the bugtracker, but being as that has nearly a full page of errors I shall begin a discussion here)

I would like to suggest that whenever anyone decides to work on the newer 1.8/1.9 features that they institute a new 'classic mode' which would be the minecraft that we all fell in love with, the one before the RPG elements such as enchants, levels and such. It would likely be fairly easy to implement at this point, compared to further down the line.

Also, I would be very interested to see the possibility of interfacing with the spout client-side plugin, but that may end up being simply wishful thinking on my part.
Thanks given by:
(10-25-2011, 12:12 PM)necavi Wrote: (This would possibly be better in the bugtracker, but being as that has nearly a full page of errors I shall begin a discussion here)

I would like to suggest that whenever anyone decides to work on the newer 1.8/1.9 features that they institute a new 'classic mode' which would be the minecraft that we all fell in love with, the one before the RPG elements such as enchants, levels and such. It would likely be fairly easy to implement at this point, compared to further down the line.

Also, I would be very interested to see the possibility of interfacing with the spout client-side plugin, but that may end up being simply wishful thinking on my part.

By classic mode, do you mean alpha? I'd imagine MCServer could be designed to do just about anything.... It's the client I don't trust.
Thanks given by:
By classic mode I mean beta from before all of the crazy RPG stuff, it may be fun sometimes, but it should be split off to a separate mode. Heh, very true, I would love to see a project to replace the minecraft client with a C++ one, I believe there have been one or two, but none of them have really taken off in a meaningful way.
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2011, 08:14 AM)necavi Wrote: By classic mode I mean beta from before all of the crazy RPG stuff, it may be fun sometimes, but it should be split off to a separate mode. Heh, very true, I would love to see a project to replace the minecraft client with a C++ one, I believe there have been one or two, but none of them have really taken off in a meaningful way.

I don't like the client, but I don't know the first thing about 3D graphics. Servers I know and love, that's why I'm interested in this project. It would be fun to learn about 3D graphics and create a new client though.
Thanks given by:
Totally, especially if it was specifically designed with the intention of being a client for mcserver.
Thanks given by: