Uploading to SVN
(10-26-2011, 08:00 AM)rs2k Wrote: I'd like to add my changes to the code. I every mob except the spider jockey for 1.8.

How should I go about doing this?

All I've ever done was download from google code.

My google account I'll be using for this is admin put in an at sign here to confuse bad bots omencraft.com

I added you as a committer, feel free to upload your changes!
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2011, 08:38 AM)FakeTruth Wrote:
(10-26-2011, 08:00 AM)rs2k Wrote: I'd like to add my changes to the code. I every mob except the spider jockey for 1.8.

How should I go about doing this?

All I've ever done was download from google code.

My google account I'll be using for this is admin put in an at sign here to confuse bad bots omencraft.com

I added you as a committer, feel free to upload your changes!

Thanks!

I assume I should take your r9 and add my changes to it? Does it then get uploaded as r10?

I'm pretty new to code sharing like this.
Thanks given by:
You first do an 'update' to download all changes that have happened since last update/checkout (svn will merge the files), then you 'commit' the files you changed. Make sure you don't upload the world files or compiler files :p
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2011, 08:43 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: You first do an 'update' to download all changes that have happened since last update/checkout (svn will merge the files), then you 'commit' the files you changed. Make sure you don't upload the world files or compiler files :p

Is their a way to exclude them? or do I need to make a separate directory for that?

Edit:
Ah, nm. I see how to add files now.

Not sure how to add a log message though, and I forgot to remove settings.ini when I actually made the upload.

http://code.google.com/p/mc-server/source/detail?r=10
Thanks given by:
As far as I know you simply don't add them, you don't have to do anything special. What svn software are you using? I use TortoiseSVN
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2011, 09:51 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: As far as I know you simply don't add them, you don't have to do anything special. What svn software are you using? I use TortoiseSVN

Lol, I changed the port back to default on the code.google.com site and it put it up to R11. I'll try and be more careful in the future.

I'm using subversion for ubuntu.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Subversion
Thanks given by:
I just realized I didn't modify any of the files in VC2010 for the new mobs. I had to add the new files to the cEntity cPawn cMonster filter.

Sad

This is all a lot easier on linux,.Tongue
Thanks given by:
No worries, I added the files to the project now Smile

I made some changes to your monster spawning code (I just cleaned it up), you can see the changes here:
http://code.google.com/p/mc-server/sourc...cWorld.cpp

All monsters are derived from cMonster, so you don't need a special variable for each monster type, just one single cMonster pointer. You also always call three functions on the monster after creating it, you do that for each monster type. If you simply take those three functions out of the if statements, you will keep the code clean and readable, plus you have to write less codeTongue
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2011, 11:32 PM)FakeTruth Wrote: No worries, I added the files to the project now Smile

I made some changes to your monster spawning code (I just cleaned it up), you can see the changes here:
http://code.google.com/p/mc-server/sourc...cWorld.cpp

All monsters are derived from cMonster, so you don't need a special variable for each monster type, just one single cMonster pointer. You also always call three functions on the monster after creating it, you do that for each monster type. If you simply take those three functions out of the if statements, you will keep the code clean and readable, plus you have to write less codeTongue

Very nice!
Thanks given by: