Suggestion: "What we're doing" alternative
The "What we're doing" thread is way too cluttered and historical lookups are very, very hard, besides, a thread typically has a single subject, but this one doesn't.

I propose to add a new subforum called "What we're doing" where all the different stuff you're doing are on different threads. This is much more organized.
Thanks given by: PCPlayerLV
What about a blog? Something where we discuss in comments about articles?
I just became too "lazy" to start a new thread when I need to discuss something small. I guess I'll have to get over it and start creating threads properly, since quite often the discussion then grows larger.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll try my best to behave Smile
Have you guys considered adopting something like Slack? It would allow users to get instant help (due to its live chat features, similar to IRC), see todo lists (if hooked to something like Trello), see build status, etc. If you guys were to adopt it, which I really hope you do, I'd be more than willing to help fund it, since it's a great service.
Thanks given by:
I'd be interested. Though if I remember the IRC channel never got anywhere because we tend to be on at different times, so someone will leave a post and then someone else will reply 3-12 hours later. That works well with the forum model.
@worktycho - Ya, I saw that thread about the IRC channel. However, that was a long time ago. Now when I look at the users online, I tend to see another important user online. Slack is also much better at addressing discussions between users and such. We could try it out for a bit and see how it goes. If nothing comes of it, then so be it. But it would be a nice way to have all sorts of handy information in one thread in real time.
Why not just use IRC then? I don't really see the benefit of Slack over IRC.
Thanks given by:
The "What we're doing" post is essentially a poor man's IRC alternative.

I'm a fan of XMPP though, it's encrypted, it allows re-sending the last X messages in MUC out of the box, it is more decentralized, it easily works with multiple resources (pc, mobile at the same time), it has file-transfer without port-forward stuff, etc.

I have an XMPP server at hand, I could set up a MUC if you guys are interested.
Thanks given by:
I set up a slack session for MCServer a while ago: https://mc-server.slack.com
it was made for the development of the plugin repo
I still prefer something that really stores the information permanently - otherwise we end up answering the same kind of questions over and over again.