Poll: New name
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cuberite
50.00%
9 50.00%
SprintingSteve
0%
0 0%
Ocelight
27.78%
5 27.78%
MineMatrix
5.56%
1 5.56%
Cubicosm
5.56%
1 5.56%
Don't care
11.11%
2 11.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Name Change Poll - 2nd Stage
We have now decided that the name of MCServer should be changed. Now we need to decide what name to change it to.

The options are:
  • Cuberite
  • SprintingSteve
  • Other (Please specify in a comment)

The most popular name will be chosen, and your choices in the previous poll do not change your ability to vote in this poll.

You may discuss your choices in this thread, but the actual poll results are what matters.
Thanks given by:
Xoft mentioned SprintingSteve before. What about Sprinty?
Short and easy to spell. Also unique.
That's my suggestion.
Thanks given by:
I voted for Cuberite. Sprinty is a good name too but it has nothing to do with Minecraft, and I think that is an issue.
Thanks given by:
Spigot, the most popular Minecraft server right now, has a name that doesn't match anything regarding Minecraft. So why should we bother?
Thanks given by:
When I just joined MCServer I too didn't like the name MCServer, and I thought of "MineMatrix" or "CubeMatrix" (though I never posted it anywhere)
Thanks given by:
Sprinty is too close to a generic name, it wouldn't help with most of the problems due to which we're changing the name in the first place. It has way too many google hits.
MineMatrix is a good one, but I still like Cuberite better Smile
Thanks given by:
Cube++ / CubePP sounds better, IMO.
Thanks given by:
@xoft Sprinty doesn't have so many Minecraft/server related hits, so it would be easier to find something if someone had a problem.
Thanks given by:
@jan64 I think we shouldn't have any name with "++" or "PP" in the name. It just sounds really unoriginal.
Thanks given by:
@sphinxc0re: But it has too many unrelated hits; it's even a regular word in my language
Thanks given by: