Leaf Decay Plug-in
WorldGuard for Bukkit used to have this. Would love to find a plug-in that would prevent leaves from decaying.
Thanks given by:
I could whip something up for you. Would it prevent all leaves from decaying, or just those in a specific range? Would they still drop items when broken?
Thanks given by:
(07-14-2015, 01:02 AM)SamJBarney Wrote: I could whip something up for you. Would it prevent all leaves from decaying, or just those in a specific range? Would they still drop items when broken?

That would be wonderful. Currently I have a very large world I've ported from over a dozen different updates which I've continually built on. Without WorldGuard, or something similar every time I load the map up it is a lagfest of leaf decay and drops from the plants.

So anything that just stops leaves from decaying globally; so all leaves. Perhaps an option to turn off drops? If that isn't available, drops off would be fine.

Anyway, if its possible I'd love your help. Thanks <3
Thanks given by:
Well, looking over the available hooks, I can whip up a plugin that will prevent leaves from creating drops. Unfortunately there is no hook to prevent natural block decay.
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2015, 02:23 AM)SamJBarney Wrote: Well, looking over the available hooks, I can whip up a plugin that will prevent leaves from creating drops. Unfortunately there is no hook to prevent natural block decay.

Ah, well I appreciate it. The important thing is the leaf decay. =\ I suppose if I had quick hands I could replace every leaf block with 1.8+ self placed blocked.

I guess you could make it if you'd like, but I am unsure how good it will do. Thanks anyway, and appreciate everything though!
Thanks given by:
Oh! Since it is a pre-generated world, I can replace each leaf block with a self-placed leaf block when the chunk is loaded. Though this means you would have to wander the entire world to make sure very chunk got loaded.
Thanks given by:
You can download the plugin from https://github.com/SamJBarney/LeafDecayPrevention . That should solve your problems, but it will slow down initial loading of chunks a little bit.

Once you've loaded in all of the chunks, disable and remove the plugin. Prevention will last beyond the plugin being loaded.

-- edited by xoft to fix the link
Thanks given by: