Cuberite Forum redesign
I know *fffffff....* tough topic Smile

[Image: logo.png]

Hello everyone,

I would like to suggest the never ending redesign game to next focus a little on the forum itself. I don't want this thread to contain posts like "NOT NECESSARY!" or "I don't think we need that". Just stop that all the way, okay?! (not offending voice)

I am suggesting this because there might be new people around to view this site (the forum), getting distracted by the blue "MCServer" logo at the top. Also this isn't helpful for our SEO either. Additionally if we just integrated the new logo, the color-theme wouldn't match.

For this thread I am suggesting that everyone posts a theme of his choice (we are using MyBB), where he thinks it would match our logo and the server best. After that, I'll do poll. I think this will work, but for the last step we will need @FakeTruth.

Go! And thank you Smile

I am suggesting the 1point8 theme
Thanks given by:
The current theme looks fine for me. It's nice, easy to read and doesn't hurt the eye. The picture on top can easily be changed. I can even do it here from the admin panel. But if people want a different theme, these are the themes I picked out a few months ago: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...0#pid21170

We don't need FakeTruth, unless we want him to agree on the theme (which I would like). Xoft and I can import a theme from the admin panel.
Thanks given by:
But with the theme mentioned above, I choose an even more readable theme. Did you even take a look at it? Also It would be nice if you changed the logo before and added some sort of label to it: Cuberite Forum
Thanks given by:
Yes, it looks pretty good, except for the thread view page. In my opinion that looks really unorganized.

Whatcha think?:    
Thanks given by:
I don't think this is the thread view. It shows unread messages on the left. I quite like the logo, but it should say: Cuberite Forum - *tag-line here* (suggesting taking the one from the website) for instant-recognition of the forum
Thanks given by:
The current theme also shows how many messages you have read/in total, but it's on the top of the page instead of clutered around the thread/private messages/whatever it is.
Thanks given by:
I think we should test the theme out for a day or so and then decide if we keep it
Thanks given by:
Perhaps xoft can set up a mybb page on cuberite. If we're happy with the theme we import the database (which we can also export from the admin panel).
Thanks given by:
What do you mean by that? A completely new one?

Could you upload the picture first? With the 'Cuberite Forum' text?
Thanks given by:
Exactly, a new mybb on Cuberite.org, and then we import the current database to there.
Thanks given by: