Dropping the GitHub wiki
As already discussed on IRC, I suggest killing the current wiki on GH and disabling it afterwards.

Also atm I'm hosting the most usable version of the 'official' wiki due to the fact that wudles has been unresponsive for over 5 months now. Someone should setup an a-record:

Code:
wiki.cuberite.org   46.101.242.74
Thanks given by:
As for dropping the GitHub wiki, I'm all for that.

There are already too many wikis and I've already lost track of what is where and which is the "good" one.

So, would everyone currently hosting a Cuberite wiki please post its web address here along with some info (last update, why it was created, who's hosting it and what are the long-term plans etc.) We should then pick one, add the DNS record for it and consolidate all the data into it.
Thanks given by:
We might want to get the info for the world.ini before removing it. Even though it's incredibly outdated it's the best info we currently have for it. https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/wik...-World.ini
Thanks given by:
I guess I already described, why I created the wiki. My plan is to leave it as it is and delegate one or two other people to also maintain the wiki, like rincewind. Also, rincewind has been contributing to my version for a long time.
Thanks given by:
We should have one place for all the information about Cuberite; a self-hosted wiki, a Github wiki, whatever works the best. The user manual should also be moved to this wiki in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
I just began some work on the GitHub wiki, don't delete it Sad
Thanks given by:
It would be a good idea to create a plan for a solid wiki structure, which we can then use in one wiki in the future. Currently it's hard to move information to one single place without ending up with a bunch of unorganized page links crammed together in a box, since there are so many pieces of information located in different locations.

Btw, currently I'm experimenting with a wiki powered by Jekyll and Github pull requests, that could be located in the repository of the main website (hosted on Github Pages, in other words). Haven't done very much so far, currently just checking if I can get it to work in a good way, but it would be well integrated with the new design of cuberite.org.
Thanks given by:
Before we take it down we might want to get all the information we can get from it. It's world.ini section is the most advanced we ever had, even though it's outdated..
Thanks given by:
I think we need to have one place. I don't care which. This includes integrating the Book into one of the Wikis, or vice-versa.
Thanks given by:
Okay what about not having a wiki at all? The book is just fine, and it is generated from templated html afaik. Also one can have a print version of itBig Grin
book.cuberite.org
Thanks given by: