Tried to upgrade forum
Didn't work. Apparently MyBB doesn't properly upgrade the database tables from 1.6 to 1.8 so it's completely broken.

Also making a fresh install and trying to import the old database into the new gives me a total headache because of the table's structural mismatches.

If anybody else wants to give it a go I can give them a backup of the forum and database.
Thanks given by:
Oh, well, the main reason was to try to fix the email problem, and updating didn't fix that, so I guess we can stay on 1.6.

I noticed we lost a few posts though which is a shame.
Thanks given by:
I can try. But, user password must be clean before you'll send me backup.
Thanks given by:
Does the email system work at least?
Thanks given by:
No, mails still don't work unfortunately
Thanks given by:
Hm, I was wondering, because suddenly there were no more emails coming from the forum, notifying me of new posts or PMs. So that's the reason.
Thanks given by:
The emails still don't work. At the moment I'm activating new accounts manually + sending them a message explaining why I have activated their account.
Thanks given by:
While the email problem isn't solved I suggest we make the forum activate new users instantly. It's an option in Configuration -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method.
Thanks given by:
I've changed it. Users are now activated when they register.
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know if the forum can mail again? I'd really like to reactivate the activation email. I just had to ban another spammer. That's the second in 2 days.
Thanks given by: