Is this terrain normal?
It doesn't look normal.

This occured using the default options. No custom gens, etc.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Did it look like this from the start? If you let it snow, will it slowly look "normal" again?

It's also possible that a finisher changed the meta's there, while the snow generator only set the blocktype.
Thanks given by:
I think it looked that way right after the chunks generated.
Thanks given by:
It looks like it has snowed there, it should definitely not be like that on chunk generation.
Thanks given by:
Could you paste the contents of your world.ini?
Thanks given by:
- I am now 100% positive those bumps were made on terrain generation.
- Snowy weather gradually makes it worse, not better, by creating more bumps.
- In vanilla, this seems to never happen, neither by generation nor by snowing. The snow layer height seems to always be uniform.
- In Cuberite, snow seems to *always* be buggy, and the snow layer height is never uniform. However, the effect is gentler on mountains and much more aggressive in flat areas. It seems that snowy flat areas are rare, and this might be the reason no one reported this before.
- I used a default world.ini.
- I tested this with several worlds.

Attached: An example of the effect on a mountain. Much less bumps, but bumps nevertheless.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
The bumps are actually a feature and are meant to look like, well, uneven snow. You only get a uniform 1cm snow layer in physics questions.

I think the finisher is SnowLayers or something. There's even a forum post by the person who implemented the changes.
Thanks given by:
No, the snow layer's were only implemented for when it's actually snowing. They shouldn't be there on generated. The generator just sets the snow blocktype: https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/blo...n.cpp#L698
Thanks given by:
The bumps look ugly, and shouldn't be a feature. Vanilla is rightfully uniform.
Thanks given by:
It's not supposed to be a bump. It's supposed to be a smooth transition from low to high layer blocks.

At least after it finished snowing. The generator should generate flat layers of snow. It's a bit harder for the generator to make the smooth transition, because it would have the know the composition of other chunks as well.
Thanks given by: