NoChunkNoFall
I realise there exists a plugin called "NoChunkFall". It's purpose is that the player entitiy does not fall or slowly sink downwards when the chunk they are in, is not loaded.

This is important for gate travel and slow connections. I'm running the server on a Pi, so sometimes people are already in the world, but the very first chunk isn't quite there yet.

The plugin doesn't work, at least not for me. Meaning, that going to - and coming back from the nether often results in the player spawning *below* the gate on the other side, and not besides it. Players on my server have hollowed out areas beneath the gates to not suffocate, or put water where possible to not fall to their deaths.

So here I'm requesting a plugin that does work ^^'. If the player is in a space that isn't in memory, please freeze him. But please do not freeze him in the exact position of the opposing gate, because that creates an endlees loop of gate travel. No movement whatsoever. If slowly sinking down cannot be stopped, then at least compensate by altering the player position back up with exactly the same speed. Smile
Thanks given by:
Perhaps instead of asking for a new one you should ask the author of the other one (DiamondToaster I believe) to fix itTongue
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 11:02 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Perhaps instead of asking for a new one you should ask the author of the other one (DiamondToaster I believe) to fix itTongue

I remember he offered to rework it some months back, but didn't get on that yet. Don't want him to feel pestered about it. Heart
Thanks given by:
I don't think this should be requiring a plugin, it should be fixed in the server itself. The player shouldn't spawn until their chunk is sent to the client. And until the chunk is sent, position updates from the client should be ignored / rejected and fixed.
Thanks given by:
It was mostly a hack to stop the server from suffocating people when they enter unloaded chunks. It kind of got broken after a couple changes and doesn't really do anything now, not quite sure why, but I also agree that this is a bit of a server issue. Vanilla has some kind of built in mechanism to prevent this from happening. It would be a good idea to fix that in Cuberite and scrap this plugin.
Thanks given by:
I hope somebody does that soon. Honestly, this bit is really important on low-spec servers.
Thanks given by:
I could write a plugin as alternative solution until a solution is written in the code. What I need is a function to check if a Chunk is loaded.
Thanks given by:
I believe a solution is already written in the server itself.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what's in the code does this for all cases. Teleportation into faraway areas, or ungenerated areas, as well as nether gate travel (to ungenerated areas?).
In my current build, I still do suffocate in places sometimes, that I nether-gate travel to. I still slowly sink into blocks below me. I think work is being done for code on what happens when you attempt to traverse unloaded chunks.
As of now I can fly through them as before. If I walk, I start floating down again.
Thanks given by:
It stops them from moving until the chunk is loaded: https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/pull/2814

You suffocating is probably the portal's teleporting code that is sending you to the wrong coordinates.
Thanks given by: