Local Plugin Repo
And is there an API for the online repo?
Thanks given by:
No, I don't think so. You might want to create an issue for that on the repo
Thanks given by:
Even easier, Cuberite plugins can use HTTPS to directly check with the GitHub API and download each file separately (no need to extract ZIPs) and even query the last commit date and such metadata from each repo.
Thanks given by:
I usually add a SourceLocation to my Info.lua files. With that your plugin could get a link to the plugin's repo.
Thanks given by:
I thought of that a while ago. It would be like having a package manager: cpm - cuberite package manager
Code:
cpm install worldedit

What about creating some kind of dependency management using LuaRocks?
Thanks given by:
I think it should be a plugin, not a standalone app.
Thanks given by:
What I meant. If users are using zip files, we can't use it, but if the program does a git clone (or submodule) we could just use it. So we could use the program (or webadmin part) to manage ALL plugins.
Thanks given by:
You would have to force the user to install git for that. Personally I hate dependencies like that. It's much easier for the user if the plugins goes through all plugins and checks at the source location if there is a newer version.
Thanks given by:
no, you don't need to, because of libgit2. there might be a port for Lua out there
Thanks given by:
That's kinda OS dependent. People might need to compile it themselves before they can use it in the plugin.
Thanks given by: