Dynmap (-like) plugin
For Bukkit there has existed a plugin called Dynmap for a long time. Basically it renders a top-down view of a server's (or single player) world, and makes it viewable in your browser. It shows player locations, chat, etc in real time. An example can be seen here (on my not-yet switched to Cuberite server).

As this is quite a huge plugin, I don't expect anyone to do it in any reasonable time, but you never know Wink

Minecraft forum thread
Bukkit post
Github page
Thanks given by:
Wuddles' PlanetX Cuberite server had something like this since a long time. I don't know what plugin he used though
Thanks given by:
I don't think he used a plugin for it.
Thanks given by:
This could be divided into several separate areas. First, a plugin is needed that converts the world block data into the map bitmap files. Then another addition would be all the overlays, such as protected areas, warps etc. And completely separate is the HTML/JS/AJAX rendering engine and live update. Perhaps most of the web engine could be reused from the Bukkit's plugin, only changing the "backend" to match Cuberite. This would be an awesome project, but very large. We'd need someone who's really good with web technologies to make this work.
Thanks given by:
I'm working at a Company making web and mobile games. I know a lot about web technologies
Thanks given by:
Here's how he did it http://mcserver.planetx.com/Minecraft_Overviewer
Thanks given by:
The difference is that Minecraft Overviewer doesn't update live. Dynmap actually renders changes done on the map live, and shows player locations, etc.

If you're indeed going to take his web engine, then you should probably ask the original developers permission.
Thanks given by:
On the client side, we could use a websocket for pushing live updates
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2016, 08:54 PM)SphinxC0re Wrote: On the client side, we could use a websocket for pushing live updates

client side?
Thanks given by:
Here, client-side means browser-side Smile

It could be a websocket, or an ajax request that the server keeps around until something happens.
Thanks given by: